Chapter 1

"Liv!" Amethyst called to her older sister from the doorway to her room. Olivia groaned. "What, Amethyst? What?" Olivia asked, lifting her head up to look at her younger sister. "Luka and dad are back." Amethyst smiled and walked out of the room.

Luka had been on another business trip with Pierce for the last two weeks to learn how to be an alpha even though by now, he should know. Technically, the first born child to the alpha of a pack would become alpha, so that was Rosalia, but Pierce did adopt Luka as his own son. So even if Luka wasn't actual blood, he was the oldest, and so he would become alpha after Pierce died. And if Luka didn't have any kids, then Olivia would be alpha. And if she didn't have any, then Rosalia would be alpha.

Olivia smiled to herself as she got up from bed and walked out of the hallway to the living room where her mother was hugging both her father and Luka. "Daddy." Olivia smiled and wrapped her arms around Pierce's neck. "Hi, princess." Pierce smiled down at his oldest daughter. Olivia had shot up in recent years, letting her stand just two inches shorter than Pierce. Which made her just as tall as Luka. Which was six foot even.

Amethyst and Leah, who were fifteen, hugged Pierce tight. "Hello, dad." They said in unison. Pierce wrapped both arms around them. "Hey." He said and kissed both of their heads.

"Where's my hug, little sis?" Luka asked when Pierce and Olivia parted. Olivia smiled at her older brother. He had gotten handsome over the last decade and a half since he came, she thought. His facial features were stronger now and more prominent. And under his thin t-shirt, you could see bulging muscles from a mile away.

"Luka!" Olivia screamed with excitement to see her older brother. She threw herself into his arms and held onto him so tightly, she nearly squeezed the wind out of his lungs. "Hey Liv." He said and held her close to him.

Luka loved his little sister dearly. Once she had hit eighteen, that love for her started to turn more into a romantic love. But he didn't know if she had felt it towards him. Genevieve had told him all those years ago that he had imprinted on her. Which meant he had felt a brotherly love towards her when she was just a small girl and now that she's older, that it would turn into more of a romantic love. But he didn't press that into Olivia and just showed the brotherly love he had all these years and still had felt towards Olivia. He still saw her as his little sister but his feelings for her did grow.

"Oh Luka. I missed you so much!" Olivia said, still not letting go of her long time best friend, brother, and protector. She felt safe with him and trusted him more than she trusted anyone else. Well maybe she trusted her mother, Cordelia just as much but the trust she had for anyone else didn't even compare to the levels of comfort, safety, and trust she felt with Luka. Even with her own father, Pierce. She couldn't quite explain this sense she felt towards him but he was the only one she felt this way towards.

After a few moments, they pulled away. "Done yet? I'd like to give my son a hug. I haven't seen him for just as long as you, Liv." Cordelia said, who was now 34 years old and Pierce was 36. They didn't look like it though. They looked like they were just 27 or 28 years old. Werewolves weren't immortal like vampires. But as long as they were still able to shift, their physical aging had slowed a little. So even though Cordelia was 34 years old, she still looked as though she did at 27.

"Hey, ma. How are you?" Luka asked as he hugged Cordelia. They were only seven years apart in age, so over the last few years, their relationship had turned more into a relationship like he had with Rosalia. Where they joked a lot and teased each other to no end. Like a brother and sister would do. But she was still a motherly figure to him. And so he learned to listen to what she told him to do and still had respect for her. He knew she took him in as a son and not as a brother. But being so close in age, it was easy to be mistaken as a brother and sister duo and eventually that's how their relationship kind of blossomed into. But there were still boundaries that wouldn't be appropriate to cross. Cordelia still saw him as her own son and Luka saw her as his mother.