Chapter 13

"Blaze.. Blaze, babe, look at me. You're just going to stress more if you continue to look at him. Blaze." Elias said, trying to calm his crying mate, who was staring at his sleeping father on the hospital bed.

Pierce was severely bruised and almost anything and everything visible was bandaged or in a cast. Blaze was stressing over Pierce and him being attacked and he wouldn't stop crying or shaking. Elias and Luka both tried calming him down but even they couldn't.

"Blaze.. You heard what Tristian said. He'll be okay once he heals. He just.. He might just not be alpha anymore if that's what he decides to do. That's all." Luka said to Blaze, who was sitting in the giant chair in the far corner of the hospital room while Elias sat next to him in a folding chair, holding his hand.

Elias hated seeing Blaze this way. He really didn't know Pierce all that well, even though his mom was best friends with Pierce. But he mainly hung out with Blaze and Mekhi and his two brothers. But Elias was crying. A little bit because he was sad about Pierce getting hurt. But mainly because his mate, his best friend, was in pain.

"Baby.. I know it hurts. He's your dad and I understand that. But maybe we should get you home and you can sleep. You can stay at my house with me. Rosetta lives with Mekhi now and Jess and Ben are still out of town. Mom and dad won't mind you staying the night." Elias said, standing up, reaching his hands out to Blaze. "Come on."

Blaze took one of Elias' hands and stood up but continued to stare at Pierce. "Blaze? It's going to be alright." Elias whispered and led him out of the room.

Luka sighed, and looked down at Pierce. "How is he, Luka?" Cordelia asked, walking into the room. "Okay, so far." Luka told her. "I saw Blaze and Elias leave and obviously Blaze was taking it hard. I felt bad." Luka reached out and took Cordelia in his arms. "Yeah. Neither Elias or I could calm him down so Elias decided to take him home. It was best for him not to stress more than he already was."

He let go of Cordelia and looked back at Pierce. "I think maybe you should go back home. Time will only tell when Liv starts crying again and I don't think Amethyst and Leah would be much of a help." Cordelia told Luka. Luka smiled lightly. "Yeah, maybe I should. She was pretty rattled after you called. Even though she knows he'll be fine, she'll still be upset."

He gave Cordelia mother hug before leaving and walking back to his parents' house and opened the door only to see Olivia dead asleep on the love seat. He walked over and looked at the couch to see Amethyst and Leah asleep too.

Luka gently picked up Olivia and walked back over to his house. But before he got through the door, Olivia woke up. "Daddy?" She asked. "No it's just me, Liv." Luka whispered.

Olivia made him set her on her feet before they opened the door. Once she rubbed the sleep from her eyes, they opened the door and saw Rosalia sitting on the couch holding Maddox, who was asleep. "He woke up right when Mom mind linked me about dad. He demanded why I looked so upset and he started to freak like Blaze and wanted to go see dad. But I couldn't let him go. Didn't want him to see his grandpa in his condition." Rosalia said. She had dried tears on her cheeks.

Luka walked over and lightly picked up Maddox. "You should go home and go to bed Rosie. Thanks for watching the boys for us." Luka whispered and hugged Rosalia with the one arm that wasn't holding his son. "Is dad ok?" Rosalia asked after letting go. Luka nodded. "It'll take him a few weeks to heal but he's alive. And he's strong. He'll be fine."

Rosalia nodded and left and Luka put Maddox in his and Ethan's room. Olivia already was collapsed on her and Luka's bed, already falling asleep. "This has been one crazy night." She mumbled into her pillow. Luka stripped to his boxers and laid down next to her. "You said it." He whispered, taking her into his arms.

Olivia eventually fell asleep but Luka couldn't. He couldn't stop thinking about possibly Pierce stepping down as alpha and him becoming alpha. And since he's mated to Olivia, she'd become Luna. But she wasn't even 19 yet. Granted, Cordelia was 19 when her and Pierce were mates and was Luna, even if they hadn't officially mated yet. But still. He had to think about her too.

Luka yawned, and let sleep take over.