Chapter 7

Crash!!!

Olivia almost jumped out of bed and looked around and didn't see Luka in bed. She glanced at the clock and it was only 3:45 am.

"Luka?" She called and got out of bed and ran to the living room and he was just sitting in a corner and was crying. "Luka." She said and ran up to him and tried to reach out to him but he jerked away. "Stay away from me!" He yelled and cried. "Luka." She whispered. "Let me help you." Olivia said and reached out again but he scooted more into the corner. She didn't what to do so she ran to the phone and dialed their parents' house's phone. She didn't want to leave Luka alone even if it was only for two minutes.

"It's only four in the morning. Mom and dad are asleep and unless one of you is on fire, why are you calling?" Blaze's voice asked. "Get mom or dad up. It's Luka. He's freaking out and won't let me touch him and he has a confused look in his eyes and I can't even get five feet until he's yelling at me. Just wake up one of them, dammit!" Olivia yelled into the phone. "Fine fine. One of them will be over in 2 minutes."

The line cut off and Olivia set the phone down and looked over at Luka. He looked so confused and lost and she didn't know how to help him without him yelling at her to get away. "Luka. Honey. It's okay." She said, trying to walk up to him but he screamed. "Get away! Get away!" He cried.

Pierce nearly took the door out trying to get inside the house. "What's going on?" Pierce asked. Olivia looked up at him with tearful eyes. "He won't let me come near him. He's yelling at me." She said.

Pierce looked at Luka and he was cowering in the corner. "I saw him get this way once before. A couple months before the twins were born, while you and the triplets went to Kaden's and he stayed back, he was screaming and yelling and just looked lost. Then when he calmed down, and we got him back to bed, the next morning he told us that he hadn't remembered what happened the night before and only remember reliving an attack from his biological father. So he's probably reliving something in his head." Pierce said and gently walked up to Luka.

Luka was screaming and thrashing in Pierce's arms while he tried to get away. "Let me go! You're hurting me! Stop!" He cried. Olivia couldn't watch it anymore without crying. She wanted to be the one to hold him and tell him everything was okay.

Luka eventually stopped his thrashing but kept crying and until he eventually fell asleep. "He'll be fine. He might not even remember yelling at you." Pierce said as he picked up Luka and set him on the couch.

Olivia touched Luka's cheek. It was wet from crying and his eyes were red and puffy. But at least he was asleep and not yelling. "Need me to stay just in case he gets that way again?" Pierce asked. Olivia shook her head no. "Thanks, dad." She said. Pierce sighed. "Okay. Well if you need anything, make sure to call. K?" He said and kissed Olivia's head. "Love you, princess." He said. "Love you too, dad." She said and he left.

Olivia didn't sleep the rest of the night until Luka woke up at seven and looked at Olivia. "You look like hell. What's wrong?" Luka asked, walking to the chair Olivia was sitting in, knelt down and took her face in his hands. She set a hand on one of his and shook her head no. "Olivia. Tell me. What's wrong? What happened?" He asked. Olivia looked up at Luka and started crying. "You didn't remember me. You were yelling and screaming at me like I was hurting you. I didn't know what to do. You scared me half to death." She cried.

Luka's heart broke seeing her like this and hearing the information. "Liv. Babe, I'm sorry. I should've told you that.. sometimes I can't tell reality from my memories. They overwhelm me to the point I feel like I'm reliving them. I didn't mean to scare you. I didn't want to hurt you." He told her and pressed his forehead against hers. "I'm sorry, baby. I would never hurt you on purpose. I didn't know.. I'm so sorry." He whispered to her. He held her and tried to calm her crying. "I love you. I'm sorry." He whispered.

"You know you're my everything." She told him through her tears. "It broke me to see you in such pain that you were reliving your nightmares." She said. Luka sighed. "Don't feel bad. You shouldn't worry about me." He told her. She looked up at him. "I don't care. Of course I worry. You're my best friend and my mate. I'll worry about you whenever I want to worry about you. It's because I love you."

Luka chuckled and gave Olivia a kiss. "What did I do to ever deserve you?" He asked against her lips. She smiled. "Be my big brother."