1

A/N: I don't know, let's see what happens.

----------------------------

Sarah waited patiently as I unlocked the front door to my house.

"Mom! I'm home! Sarah's here!" I yelled out as I entered the home.

"I'm in the kitchen!" My mom yelled out. Sarah and I kicked off our shoes by the front door and headed to the kitchen.

"Happy Birthday, Gwen!" She said to me while icing a cake.

"Thanks mom!" I replied while putting my backpack on the counter.

"You guys still staying at Sarah's tonight?" My mom asked.

"Yup! Birthday slumber party will be amazing! I got facial masks, chick flicks, and chocolate strawberries." Sarah said to her.

"You guys will have so much fun. I'm almost done icing this cake, then I'll go get your father so we can sing to you before you go." Mom said.

"No problem, I'm just gonna get my stuff together." I said to her. Sarah followed me upstairs to my room so I could grab things to take to hers.

"Chick flicks? Chocolate strawberries?" I asked Sarah once we were in my room.

"What did you want me to say? 6 bottles of vodka and a 5 hour playlist for the party tonight?" She said with a giggle.

"You're right. People do know it's my birthday, right?" I asked her as I stuffed clothes into a duffle bag.

"Of course! I mean I told them it was your 18th." She said.

"I know, it's just that I'm not very popular so I didn't know..." I started to say.

"Gwen, you're my best friend. If people don't say happy birthday to you, they'll have to deal with me. The queen bee." She said pointing to herself. I laughed and thanked her. She started looking around my room and paused at the corkboard on my wall filled with pictures.

"Do you ever miss him?" She asked suddenly. I knew who she was referring to.

"Of course I do. It's been 10 years but I think about him every day." I said, my mind starting to get lost in my thoughts.

"Your parents still plaster the walls with pictures of him." She said.

"Well yeah, he was my brother. My twin. They still think Brendon is out there somewhere, but I know the truth is that he's looking down at us right now from heaven." I told her, feeling tears sting my eyes. Sarah hugged me again as I shook off the thoughts of my missing twin.

"Alright I think I have everything." I said zipping up the bag. We both went downstairs to see my mom and dad in the kitchen lighting the cake.

"There's our princess!" My dad said before he started singing Happy Birthday. He was horribly off key but my mom was a great singer, so it balanced out.

"And happy birthday to Brendon, wherever he may be right now." My mom said with a small smile. I thought really hard before taking a deep breath and blowing out the candles.