5

It had been 5 weeks since I saw Brendon. If it weren't for the necklace, I would have believed the entire thing was a dream. Sarah had been moping for the past few weeks which is weird because she's never this hung up on a guy.

"Have you heard from him?" Sarah would ask me every morning.

"No, I don't think he's coming back." I would respond every morning.

"I'm sorry I keep bugging you, I usually get over things quickly!" She stressed.

"It's okay. Prom is on Friday though, that should be a distraction. Have you decided who you're going with?" I asked.

"I don't want to go with any of the guys who asked me, I want to go with Brendon." She pouted. I consoled her the best I could.

*Skip to Friday*

Sarah's Dress:

Gwen's Dress:

"You look like a princess!" Sarah said as I spun around

"You look amazing too. Thanks for going with me." I told her. Even though she was asked by 4 different guys, she decided to go with me instead. I was a little upset that nobody asked me, but it's not like I have a crush on anyone at my school anyway. We headed to our school and entered the gym that was filled with lights, streamers, balloons, and formal classmates. We got punch and danced to some songs, but when a slow song came on, we sat down at a table near the dance floor.

"There isn't one guy here who you would date?" Sarah asked me.

"No way. High school boys are so immature." I told her. She laughed and watched the couples sway in front of us. I was digging through my small purse when I heard her gasp. I looked up at her and she was staring on the dance floor. I looked over to see Brendon walking towards us in a suit, holding a rose. He approached our table and Sarah stood up.

"He couldn't keep me away forever." Brendon blushed, handing her the rose. She pecked him lightly on the lips and took the rose.

"Wanna dance?" Brendon asked her. She nodded and they headed out to the dance floor. I was kind of upset that he ignored me, but I knew I was being selfish. My eyes watered slightly at the thought of being alone forever.

"Hi." I heard a familiar voice say. I looked up to see Ryan in a suit.

"Hey Ryan." I said with a smile.

"Do you want to um dance?" He asked.

"Yeah!" I said standing up.

"Even though this music is god awful." He commented.

"Hey, this isn't that bad. It's good to dance to." I told him.

"I'll try." Ryan said as we walked onto the dance floor. He took my hand and put his other hand on my shoulder blade and proceeded to take large steps as my feet clunked along trying to follow.

"Okay okay stop. What are you doing?" I said taking a step back.

"Waltzing?" He said confused. I laughed and shook my head.

"No, you're supposed to dance like this." I told him while grabbing both his hands. I placed them on my waist and put my arms around his neck.

"Now just sway." I told him taking lead.

"I'd hardly call this dancing." Ryan commented, but he continued to sway with me. When the song changed, we stepped apart and he made a grumpy face.

"This song is worst than the last one." He said.

"What music do you like?"

"Tchaikovsky." He answered.

"As much as he's my favorite composer, they won't be playing any of that here." I said with a laugh.

"You listen to Tchaikovsky?" he asked in surprise.

"Of course, I'd like to say I'm a little cultured." I said. Brendon and Sarah came up to us.

"Good, you found Crusty." Brendon said. I raised an eyebrow confused.

"I'm gonna go get some more punch." Sarah said before heading off.

"I'm going to see if that man up there can play something decent." Ryan said to us before he headed to the DJ.

"He's not going to be so lucky." I laughed.

"It's good to see you again." Brendon said.

"Yeah, but I think you came to see Sarah." I told him.

"I came for you too! But there's just something about that girl..." Brendon said looking off in her direction.

"Don't go falling in love." I told him.

"So how was dancing with old Rusty Crusty?" He asked.

"Is that your nickname for Ryan?"

"Yeah, because he's old." He laughed.

"How old?!?" I asked. I was now very curious because of Ryan's weird tastes.

"225." Brendon answered.

"He's over two hundred years old?!" I asked.

"Yeah, that's why he's so weird. I can't believe he let you dance with him." Brendon said.

"What do you mean?"

"He doesn't like to be touched. He doesn't let me hug him and he raised me." Brendon shrugged. Sarah and Ryan came back.

"He said no." Ryan told us. The next song ended up being some dubstep electronic noise that Sarah dragged Brendon to the dancefloor for.

"This is horrible!" Ryan raved as I giggled.

"I brought this." I said taking my ipod out of my purse.

"What's that?" He asked.

"An Ipod. You listen to music with it."

"Where does the record go?" He asked, inspecting the ipod.

"Oh Ryan. Here, put this in your ear." I told him giving him one of the ear pods. I put the other in my ear and searched through my music.

"Okay so don't try to compare this to Mozart. Just think of it as new music." I told him before pushing play. An acoustic guitar strummed gently.

I know that it is freezing but I think we have to walk

Keep waving at the taxis they keep turning their lights off

But Julie knows a part at some actor's west side loft

Supplies are endless in the evening by the morning they'll be gone

"This is nice." Ryan smiled, swaying slightly by himself.