6

Prom came to an end and we all headed back to Sarah's house where I was supposed to sleepover that night. Brendon was in the middle of telling us a story about Ryan when we walked into the house.

"He FREAKED out seeing the cat play the keyboard! It was so funny!" Brendon said while all of us giggled and Ryan rolled his eyes.

"I was surprised that a feline could develop talent like that." He said.

"Oh and he totally flipped when I showed him Wizard of Oz for the first time. He was afraid of the monkey's." Brendon laughed. Ryan gave him a dirty look.

"Sorry Crusty, you have to get used to the world as it develops! Or you're gonna be left in the dust, Crusty." Brendon said taking off his suitcoat and hanging it off the back of a chair.

"That's enough! I want to listen to the ipod." Ryan said, done taking Brendon's shit.

"Sure, here. If you don't like the song, click this button and a new one will play." I told him before putting the headphones in his ears. Ryan smiled a bit and sat down on the couch and closed his eyes.

"He's so weird." I said with a little laugh.

"He's your type." Sarah said with a smirk.

"Maybe, but I'm not his." I said shaking off any feelings I was developing for the walking antique.

"Why do you think that?" Sarah asked.

"I'm human, also like 207 years younger than him." I commented.

"Crusty wants some young lovin'!" Brendon said, causing my cheeks to blush pink.

"Gwen!" Ryan shouted loudly, unaware that we could hear him perfectly despite not being able to hear himself. The three of us looked over at Ryan.

"I like this one!" he yelled, pointing to the ipod. I went over and looked at what he was listening to and smiled. I took the headphones out of his ears.

"The Monkees are my favorite band." I said looking at his choice.

"Monkees?" Ryan said nervously.

"Not flying monkeys." I said. A look of relief washed over his face.

"Oh Ryan, you are so ancient it hurts." Brendon said.

"Be nice!" I told Brendon.

"I am nice. Should we watch a movie or something? Ryan, will you be able to handle it?" Brendon asked, wrapping an arm around Sarah.

"I can handle it. I think." Ryan said. We all split up so we could change out of our prom attire and into comfortable clothes to watch a movie in. Sarah and Brendon cuddled up on the couch while Ryan and I sat next to each other, not touching.

"Okay so this is called Finding Nemo. It's really colorful and the fish talk." I warned Ryan.

"Fish that TALK!?" He said surprised. I smiled and pushed play.

*two hours later*

"That was wonderful." Ryan said as the movie finished.

"I'm glad you liked it!" I told him. I turned to look at Brendon and Sarah who were whispering to each other and cuddling close.

"I think it would only be better if the fish sang." Ryan said turning my attention to him again.

"That's a different movie." I laughed.

"There's a movie where fish sing?!" He said all excited.

"Yeah, it's called the Little Mermaid."

"Can we please watch that one?" He asked.

"What do you guys think?" I asked Brendon and Sarah.

"Huh?" Sarah said, snapping back to the real world.

"We wanna watch another movie." I said holding in a yawn.

"I'm kind of tired..." Sarah said.

"Me too. See ya!" Brendon said getting up and taking Sarah with him. As soon as they were gone, Ryan sighed.

"We can still watch it." I told him and he smiled. I put in the movie and sat back down next to him.

"I enjoy your presence." He said to me.

"Thanks, I enjoy yours too." I told him with alittle laugh. He smiled and turned hisattention to the movie.