- excited

chapter two
excited
/ɪkˈsʌɪtɪd/
(a.) very enthusiastic and eager.

anna

"Anna!" Anne shook me to wake up, "First day of school!"

"I already want to go back as an orphan." I groan as I was being dragged out of bed. I looked at Anne's bed and Anne had laid out all our books and clothes. " Why are you that excited?"

"New friends!" she smiles and I wore my plain black dress that Marilla had sew for me. " And besides, new information. Who doesn't want that?"

"Me." I raise my hand up and Anne shook her head. I got together my books so did Anne. Together we both head down for breakfast. Instead of running down the stairs like what Anne did, I slowly made my way down the stairs and sit on the chair and rest my head on the table.

"Marilla, could you please tell me why is Anne so excited?" I ask while almost drifting off to sleep.

"I can't tell you, she's your sister after all," Marilla said back while giving us eggs and bread for breakfast. "Oh don't be so lazy Anna."

"I have a distaste for school." I sit up straight as I started eating my breakfast while Anne is stuffing the breakfast down.

"Slow down Anne," Marilla said while sitting down to eat. After she said that, Anne started choking on her food. "What did I tell you?"

I started snickering which caused Anne to give me the death stare.

About five minutes later, we have already finished our food and we are on our way to school.

Anne would stop half way just to get flowers to pin onto her hat, " you are going to attract bees and peoples attention." I said. " and you know I hate attention."

"can't-help-it," Anne said each word very slowly as she danced her way to school. I smile and shook my head catching up to Anne.

"words cannot express how thrilling it is to make your acquaintance." Anne practised. And looked around the beautiful place. I laugh and we both make our way to the school.

Anne opened the door to reveal a loud classroom. I turned to look at Anne freaking out, " hey, it's fine." I put my hand on her back and she nods.

"Anna! anne!" Diana called us. while walking fast towards us. "my, what have you done to your hat?" pointing at Anne's hat. I turn to look at a group of girls whispering into each other ears while looking at Anne.

"well I wanted to make a good first impression, and it's so plain." Anne smiles widely.

"you're making an impression, alright." Diana jokes. anne starts to giggle, " I'm glad, you and Anna found the way here." and I break my stares from the girls and on Diana.

"it was hard, got lost a couple times." I laugh so did Diana and Anne.

"I expect we could walk together soon," Diana said. and Anne faces expression dropped.

"we can't?" Anne said with concerned.

"I'm sure it won't be long till my parents accept you and Anna, now that you guys are a Cuthbert and all." she smiles lightening the conversation.

"well, welcome to the first day of school."

Diana told us to leave our hat and sweater at this place near the entrance, "Anne you can sit with me. anna, you will have to sit behind with Prissy."