- mood swings

chapter seven
mood swings
(n.) an abrupt and unaccountable change of mood.

Anna

Anne bust the door open not waiting for me to catch up as she was really pissed, for god knows why, but she storms into the house — putting down her stuff and take out her coat — while Marilla seemed to be sewing something that I can't quite see.

"Afternoon girls." Marilla greeted as she minds her own business.

"Yes, I am aware that it's the afternoon." Anne retorted as if Marilla said an offensive thing.

As Marilla stopped what she was doing and turned around to face the once happy and cheerful to a moody and nasty girl. " I beg your pardon?" Marilla said shocked. And I just shook my head and began to take out my coat.

"Why doesn't anyone say what they mean? 'Oh hello, you're still having the world lousiest day, oh well yes! Thank you, I am!'" Anne shouted the last few words causing me and Marilla to shake our heads.

"I thank you to mind your manners." Marilla scolds.

"What does that even mean!" Anne said pausing at every word while fully removing her coat — aggressively.

Marilla gave the 'oh well' face and continued, "Did you manage to talk things out with Diana?"

"Well, I talk to Diana, every day! So obviously I did." Anne snaps and I just facepalmed myself as I excluded myself from the conversation and walked up to Anne and I shared room.

"I don't feel very well." Anne sulks as she hasn't touched any of her dinner while her hair is all over the place, "Since it's Saturday, would it be okay if I go to bed for a little while?" Marilla replied with a yes and began cleaning up the dining table and I went to wash the dishes.

"I will be leaving for Rachel's soon if you like to invite Diana for tea today, you may."

After Marilla said that, Anne started blabbering non-stop and started to be all excited but soon dropped when she realised she didn't have anything to wear. "You have two perfectly good dresses." Marilla tried to help.

"But they wouldn't do for tea without puff sleeves! Matthew tell her!" Anne exclaimed looking at Matthew.

Matthew turned to look at Marilla, " She've been dreaming of having it since the day we met."

"Can you add puff sleeves to my grey dress?" Anne turned to face Marilla again, but Marilla rejected her, " But it wouldn't take too long. Please, Marilla, please. I'm the only girl without them!" I just cough trying to make her remember that I am still here.

"Do you want tea today or not." Marilla shuts Anne down and walks away which made Anne worried and chase after Marilla apologising after and after as Matthew looks at me confused and shocked and I just shrug and continue to do the dishes.

Afterwards, I heard Anne skipping around and smiling ear to ear.

What a mood swing.

" This is the last time Diana will ever step foot into this house!" That was the first thing I heard once I walked into the house, I quickly hanged up my coat and rushed to where Anne, Diana, Marilla and Diana's mother were. I take a look around and Anne and Diana looked messy — hairs are sticking out everywhere — and a strong smell of liquor coming from both of them.