- coffee

chapter nine
coffee
/ˈkɒfi/
(n.) a hot drink made from the roasted and ground bean-like seeds of a tropical shrub.

Gilbert

"Hey, Gilbert!" The annoying voice that I absolutely hated with a passion ever since I came back, "How's it going, Blythe?"

"Fine," I said flatly hoping he would take a hint that I don't wish to talk to him.

"You gotta come back to school bud," He continues causing me to internally groan, " The ugly orphans are out of control."

"Why do you care?" I spat, still walking hoping Billy will take a hint that I don't wish to talk to him.

"We need a guy to show that they aren't smart."

I rolled my eyes, " They're smart, especially Anna. So deal with it."

"Why you got to be like that bud." Billy laughed at the end.

"Why don't you bust out a book and take care of yourself," I said as I didn't want to entertain him any further.

Billy smirks, " Good one bud."

I stopped and turned to him, "I'll give you a tip, I'm not your bud," I stared into his eyes," And if you ever hassle Anna or Anne again, you'll regret it."

Anna

There was a rumour going around that Gilbert left Avonlea. After his father's death, he stopped coming to school and I couldn't go and see him due to the lack of free time I had. But today, I have to go to his house, maybe there's a chance I would see him. I need to see if the rumours were true.

I knocked on his door a few times, but no one answer, what do I expect? I tried to peek inside but all I could see are chairs on top of the table, meaning Gilbert isn't home or he had already left. I sigh and tried to see the other windows, all except one was not covered by the curtains. I looked inside and it was true — the rumours —, he left.

Tears covered my sight as my breath shorten, I slumped down the rough wall and began bawling my eyes out.

"Angels we have heard..." The singing began to muffle as I was lost in my thoughts, I couldn't believe that Gilbert was gone. Where did he leave to? Why did he leave? How come he didn't tell me? Questions flooded my mind and only could be answered by Gilbert. Not only that, I have other stuff that I'm worried too.

"Ouch!" I snapped out of my thoughts, I accidentally cut myself as I was cutting the papers. I can't do it anymore, I'm handling everything all at once. I run out of school as I could hear Anne and Diana calling from behind as I continued to run until I tripped by the thick snow and I couldn't have the strength to bring myself back up.

Not too long after, I felt two hands behind me. " It can't be true," I cried, " It just can't be!"

"It isn't," Anne tried to comfort me, " Josie Pye is just as mean as they make them."

"Your first family! Your first home!" I said sobbing harder than ever.

"This is my home too! And the girls!" Marilla said loudly with anger as Anne and I stepped right outside of the main door, " You couldn't trust me? To talk about our future? The girls future?"

Anne and I decided to walk into the house by the second door which was just a few feet away from the main door, once we got into the home that we might lose, the first thing that could be heard was Marilla shouting and Matthew defending himself.