- biscuit

chapter six
biscuit
/ˈbɪskɪt/
(n.)a small baked unleavened cake, typically crisp, flat, and sweet.

Anna

  "Afternoon minister, Anna and I are learning to bake. Care for one?" Anne said while Ruby was trying to find Gilbert.

  "Mind if I do!" The minister said, "This is some, heavy work." He said while using the napkin to wipe away his sweat and just simply smiled after that we turned to walk towards the house as most of the men and boys were working there. Halfway walking, Ruby suddenly tripped and fell.

  Anne didn't know what to do as putting the basket full of biscuits on the floor would be dirty, so I came to help Ruby but she just sat there and sulk while bill laughed at her. " Girls are so useless," Bill said to the guy wearing the same red checkered coat, Gilbert. "Guess you should've stayed home in the kitchen ay." Bill continued to make fun.

  "What is wrong with you?" Anne shouted towards Bill looking as if she would go up there and punch Bill.

  "Go home! And bake cookies!" Bill made fun once again. And I just looked at him straight in the eye causing him to look back at me. His facial expression gone from mad to guilty.

  Gilbert stood beside Bill and backed us up, "Headline, they already did."

  "This is Gillis property, or did you forget?" Anne retorted, "Why don't you give me that hammer and I will finish the job myself. If you're too busy being a bully to get it done!" The men around us started snickering as Gilbert made his way down to help Ruby up.

  I stepped away from Ruby as Gilbert came to help. "Hey here," Gilbert said while gently pulling Ruby up, as Ruby was just shocked and speechless, after that he picked up Ruby's hat and passed it to her but can't stop looking at me.

  "Thank you, Gilbert." Ruby managed to say, as I folded my arms and looked down to cover my smile.

  "Of course, um thanks for coming by to feed the beast." Gilbert smiled still staring at me. I looked away as Matthew came.

  "Matthew, could you bring the basket from later?" I asked while passing the basket to Matthew.  After that, I turned to face Gilbert who looked like he wanted to say something to me, "I hope you will like the cookies." I said looking down and walked away leaving Anne and Ruby behind.

  There's something about Gilbert. I don't know what it is.

  I knocked on Marilla's bedroom door — I wanted to talk to Marilla about something — and opening it. After a few seconds, revealing Marilla staring at me, " I'm in a quandary." I started while walking to Marilla's bed and sitting on it once I was there.

  "I thought about it for awhile now, I'm sitting on a fence and I'm slowly leaning towards attending school again but when I'm about to fall to that side. My quick reflexes pulls me up to the fence again and again." I turned to look at Marilla — who looked very stun.

  Marilla smiled, " It seems to me that you should decide for yourself. What you want to do, and what you want to be. And set your mind to it."

  "I would have if not I wouldn't have come to you to ask you for help." I looked back down at the floor feeling as shame just hit me.

  Marilla puts her hand on my back and slowly rubbing in a circular motion, " Anna, you have Anne, Dianna, Ruby and even Gilbert! You will be just fine in school, but if you really don't wish to go back, in the end, it's your choice, Anna."