2| You Are Fired

You Are Fired

I am sorry. Please don't be rude to me for not updating. If possible, please make me happy so that it boosts my confidence and I can update like before.

Life had never been fair to Lubna Hashim. As if Watching both her parents being scragged right in front of her eyes was not enough for a nine year old that she even had to go through one of the most brutal and heinous things in the world, rape.

She was glad, the memories had dwindled over the time, that she could barely remember what had happened that night. All that was left right now were stories of the appalling day and a scar on her forehead which constantly reminded her that what she was doing was right, that it was all worth it.

Tracing her finger over the little scar on her forehead, she sucked in a sharp breath as she stared back at her own reflection in the mirror. The tension was quite palpable on her face. It seemed as though all her training had gone in vain. She was frantic, hands quivering as she pushed back the ombre lock of hair behind her ears.

She watched in the mirror as the white brunette ambled out of the washroom and stood beside her, busy washing her hands and re-adjusting her clothes which were revealing too much but then, wasn't she wearing something kindred too?

Her eyes again locked with her own in the mirror. She stared at her own tightly fitted formals. The black abaya, her only refuge was now no more there to shield her.

What am I doing?
Is it even worth it?

Beads of sweat began to daub her forhead as her breathe became uneven.

This is your chance. You can do it.
Uncle Hakeem's words kept on reverberating in her ears.

One glance at her father's silver Tissot watch that she had placed beside the sink a couple of minutes ago, and she already felt bile rising in her throat.

She shut her eyes tightly and finally made up her mind.

Yes, it was all worth it.

Plonking back her father's last possession in her bag, She finally came out of the female washroom and made her way back to the main office. It had been a week since she had joined here but there hadn't been even one single encounter with the blue eyed monster, well that's what everybody calls him.

So far there was no progress and she was only losing hope with each passing day.

She had been practicing for about a month and a half, and today was the day when she finally had to meet her prey, Zaamin Bashar Ameen. That's because apparently Mr Ameen had some inspection to do in his headquarters. She did remember him discretely, although he was 13 back then, his radiant blue eyes were not something anybody could escape noticing. They had spent summer back then. It was the only memory she had of Zaamin. He was a hotelier now and traveled often. He owned a chain of hotels in America and this huge 10 store building was his headquarters, that he would only visit once in a blue moon. She couldn't understand why her uncle wouldn't find her a job which could grant her more time with Mr Ameen.

It was the only safe one. Her uncle had said. Getting a job in this company was no joke according to him.

Her job was basically typing, typing and typing. Her job didn't even pay her much but again she wasn't here for money.