Chapter 8: Elephant

Elephant in the room: overprotective father coming up... 😂

ADAM

ADAM

What I told her was true. She is a strong woman. She doesn’t take any sh*t from anyone, not even me. I’m glad to have someone like her in my life. When I held her hand, I felt the sparks of our mate bond. I was sure that I had imagined it. When I continued to feel, I started to think that it was our other baby girl, still in her womb, keeping our bond alive. After when I went to grab Malia, I felt them again as my hand touched Sandra.

Our bond is still there. It’s not gone.

I need to figure out why.

There’s only one person who could explain something like this.

“Adam, you know that I don’t know everything that has to deal with mate bonds,” Samantha tells me

“I just want to know why it’s still there,” I exclaim in frustration. “I don’t want it gone but I do want to know why it’s not. I rejected Sandra. She accepted it.”

Samantha struggles to phrase a sentence. “I…I… I know what to tell you. I’ll ask my mother.”

“Ask me what?” Luna suddenly appears.

“You need to stop doing that!” Samantha exclaims. “You’ll give someone a heart attack someday.”

“I’m going to take a lucky guess and say ‘someone’ is you, honey,” Luna replies with a smile.

“You are correct, mother,” Samantha exhales.

“Now, what was this I heard about mate bonds?” Luna looks us both expectantly.

“I rejected my mate. She accepted the rejection. I noticed our bond sparks are still there when I touched her,” I explain.

“Hmmm,” Luna hums in response. “She accepted, you say?”

“Yes,” I confirm.

“How much time passed in between the rejection and the acceptance?” Luna asks.