Chapter Three: Talks and Explanations

Iron Man tweaked with his suits in the lab, to get his mind off the whole Dani thing. He hoped that Wanda and Bucky had talked to her by now, he wasn't the most patient guy. But this was his daughter, he couldn't live without her. Just then, Wanda and Bucky appeared to be stepping out of the elevator, just in time. He was nervous at first, but he needed to hear what they had to say.

"What happened?" He asked, kind of abruptly.

"She opened up," Wanda smiled. Tony's jaw hit the floor. She opened up to them, but not to him? He was, of course, a little jealous, but he remembered that it was better that Dani actually talked to someone, even if it wasn't him.

"Really?!"

"Yes, but if she's going to tell you anything, you can't be judgemental, and you have to listen to her. No talking, just listen." Wanda explained. Tony didn't like the idea of not doing anything, but if it would help her, he decided he was going to take the idea into consideration. He was really more of a type to speak his mind, argue and avoid letting let the counter-arguments get in the way, even if it meant the other person didn't talk. Shout out to the no-filter people out there.

"Ok," he reluctantly replied, "as long as I can talk to my daughter again." He bolted out the door as fast as he could to Dani's room.

-

Danielle expected her father to come up after Bucky and Wanda left. She couldn't believe what Bucky had said to her, that he felt the same way, even though he had been with the Avengers for a few years now. Maybe there was someone out in the world who finally understood her pain. Just as she was in deep thought again, she suddenly heard a knock on the door. She expected it, it wasn't like some random person was just going to come up to her room without a reason. She was pretty sure everyone in the tower knew that she didn't like to see her in her room without a reason.

"Can I come in?" A voice asked. Dani recognized it, it belonged to Ton- her father.

"Sure," she replied, straightening her posture and looking at the door as it slowly opened. "You came to talk," she noted.

"Yes. I heard that Wanda and Bucky had talked to you. But for once, you said something instead; I want to know about -" He was cut off by an unexpected hug. Tony immediately stopped and hugged her back, clearly surprised that she was doing such a thing. Hell, even she herself was surprised that she was hugging someone. She cried onto his shoulder, and he pulled her closer.

"Oh god, what did they do to you?" He asked worriedly.

"You don't want to know,"

"I do, Dani. Tell me," He softly commanded. She took a deep breath and told her story...

"As a 16-year-old, I wanted to go to university and work in metal and computer sciences. But a few weeks after I got out of high school, you know how I skipped two grades, I was captured by HYDRA. They drugged me when I got in the cargo van, so I wasn't a struggle to the guards. It kept me asleep for about 3 days, but when I woke up they put me through hell. They tortured me for a full year for answers on you and the Avengers, but I refused to say anything to them. Every day, I was beaten, whipped and tortured in the worst ways possible. After they were about to give up and kill me, they instead decided to make me the next Winter Soldier. I was given the super-soldier serum; it has been technologically enhanced since the forties, so there are fewer complications with it. Then I was wiped completely; no memory of you, the Avengers and even who I was." She stopped, trying to hold back her tears, waiting for him to say something. But he said nothing, he only listened.