Chapter Thirteen: The Date

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry that it's been so long since

I've updated, but I simply got some writer's block. Anyways, I have to say that it'll be a while before my next update, because I'm going on vacation for March Break!

I also have an original story that I just recently posted! It's called War Enemies, so go check it out! See you guys in a bit!

Fun fact: it's Bucky Barnes's 101st birthday today (March 10th)

- Harper E. Pierce

As a couple of weeks had passed, and Bucky and Dani had been doing a lot of sneaking around, lying and making sure no one was suspecting anything. Dani still longed to go on a date with her boyfriend, but from her perspective, he didn't seem up for it.

Bucky honestly had no idea how he was going to ask her. He hadn't told Wanda about their relationship yet, and hoped to ask her for some advice. He planned to tell her today, but wanted to ask Dani first, just for insurance.

That morning, he woke up, took a shower, and got dressed in a pair of dark blue jeans, tight green 2/4 shirt with buttons at the top with a pair of slip-on shoes. He took the elevator to Dani's floor, asking FRIDAY to make sure she was awake. After getting the okay that she was, he made his way over to her bedroom. Bucky opened the door, and his eyes widened; Dani was getting dressed.

"HOLY SHIT!" She screeched, quickly turning away from him, "WHY DIDN'T YOU KNOCK?!" She was wearing jeans and a bra, but no top. He immediately averted his eyes, but looked again as something caught his eye; a long, white line that seemed to cross her lower back. As she whipped around, her hair uncovered more of them. A look of concern immediately flashed upon his face.

"What the hell is that?" He asked, a little too harshly. Dani turned back to face him quickly, with a lasting look of panic, but then smiled to cover it up.

"Oh, nothing." She lied very poorly. The concern immediately overtook any embarrassment from what had just happened, and he briskly walked to towards her. She backed away, until she was up against the wall. He almost pinned her against the wall.

"Dani...," he asked her lowly, "please...," his blue eyes looked almost sad. She couldn't resist that stupid puppy-dog look he was giving her. She bit her lip uncomfortably, and slowly turned to her back to him. He lifted up her hair, and saw multiple long white lines, all across her back. "Oh my god." He muttered under his breath.

"HYDRA. Every time I failed a mission, or went rogue." She explained sadly. "It's why I only wear long sleeves, or I wear a lot of makeup to cover it up." He hung his head, but quickly turned to anger for a reason to get back at them.

"I'll kill them," he whispered.
"Buck, you promised Steve not to go after them, we'll all get them eventually." She reminded him. Through gritted teeth he sighed. "Now get over there, I have to put my shirt on!" She lightly pushed him away from her. He laughed a little. She slipped on her shirt, which was a baby blue long sleeve cropped tulip top.

"Can I turn around now?" He whined a little.

"Yes, and knock next time for god's sake! I could've been completely nude!" She scolded.

"I wouldn't have minded," he smirked, kissing the top of her head. She lightly punched him in the arm as they walked out of the room.

"Pervert."

"So I wanted to ask you something kind of important," he said, "I wanted to ask you if Wanda should know." Dani shrugged.

"If it's just Wanda, fine. It's not like she can't read our minds and find out that way. Don't tell Steve, 'cause he'll... "