Chapter Four: I Can be Myself... Mostly

One year later...

Danielle Stark had gained back most of her memories and she hadn't had an Elemental episode in that time as well. You're probably wondering why she's gained back more of her memories faster than Bucky had. That's because Bucky was wiped of all of his memory many more times than Dani had been. It was easier for her to grasp onto to memories, than it was for Bucky.

She remembered most of her childhood. Tony had told her about her mother, and how she'd died in childbirth, Dani, of course was upset about that.

She was raised by her aunt for the first seven years of her life, and she grew up very poor. She lived in the Bronx, in an apartment. Her aunt knew that Tony Stark was her father, and how her mother made her aunt promise to never let Dani know about who her father really was. She didn't want Dani getting caught up in the paparazzi life. When she was five, Dani's aunt was dying, as she had pneumonia, that was only getting worse. So her aunt finally told her about her father, Tony Stark, and how she was going to live with him. At first, Dani was more than excited to know who her father was.

The next week, Dani was sent in a taxi to Stark Towers, with a birth certificate, and a picture of her mother. She showed up at Stark Towers and asked the receptionist to see him. Of course, she laughed at first and tried to shove her off, but she showed the receptionist the photo of her mother and the birth certificate. The receptionist called Tony downstairs, saying it was emergency, and he was shown the photo of her mother and the birth certificate. It all came back to him, but he asked for a DNA test just to make sure. The test results came back positive, and he freaked out, not knowing what to do with her. And then the next day, she came to live with him. Funny, right?

He wasn't exactly the best father for the first two years she was living with him, leaving her with a nanny quite often, but after a while, once he started getting the whole 'dad' thing down, he then spent more time with her. When she hit her teenage years, she was a bit of a brat, and it didn't help that Tony decided to scare off most of her boyfriends. Let's just say that no one really dated Dani much, in fear of Tony destroying them.

She remembered her childhood story and how she met Tony, but had a hard time with detailed memories. Like for instance, something that to trigger a specific memory for it to come back.

Bucky, Wanda, Steve and Natasha had become her closest friends, as she wasn't a child anymore, nor did they treat her like one. Natasha was easy to talk to for girl stuff, and so was Pepper, Wanda was too sometimes. Steve was her friend because he was easy to talk to, and always encouraged her to do the right thing. But Bucky knew how to listen to her problems, he sort of knew how to comfort her, and it was the same back. Some nights, if he was having a nightmare, and Steve couldn't get him out of it, he'd wake up Dani to get him out of it. Sometimes, if he couldn't get her out of a nightmare, Tony would call upon Wanda to help with that, but sometimes that wouldn't help. He discovered that his best bet to get her out of a nightmare was through Bucky, and he always helped. Tony didn't like that Bucky and Dani were best friends, at all, and of course she had to be the closest with Bucky.

Dani came downstairs to see her friends that day. She left her long dark brown hair down and curled, and wore dark blue designer ripped skinny jeans, wedged black suede lace-up booties, a wine coloured tight cropped top.

"Hey dad," she gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey," he replied with glee, but that quickly changed when he took a look at what she was wearing. "Why do you have to wear that?" He asked, like a disapproving parent.

"Dad, I'm not fifteen anymore, I'm twenty-four, I can wear what I want,"

"And I think it looks quite good," Natasha chimed in.