Chapter Twenty: The Truth

A/N: Hey guys, I'm really sorry for not updating in forever. But here's the bad news; I will not be able to update for the next little while due to exams and ISUs coming up. I really need to focus on these projects, and once they're all over, I can begin updating again.

Thank you for all of your support, for 9.8k reads, for 158 hearts and for 22 comments. I really couldn't get this far without you guys, I really do appreciate it! If you guys want, you can check out my other story, War Enemies. It's an original, if you're interested. See you later!

- Harper E. Pierce

"Dad, I can explain-" Dani began to explain.

"Did you know, Wanda?"

"Tony, you're being-"

"DID YOU KNOW?!"

"Yes, I knew," Wanda admitted shamefully, "but this was the exact reason why Dani didn't want to tell you, and why I kept their secret. Because we all knew that you'd freak out like this," Wanda admitted.

"I trusted you, Maximoff. To think that you were helping my daughter," he laughed at himself stupidly. He used his thumbprint to summon the Iron man suit, which was on him in seconds.

"Dad, please don't do this," Dani pleaded, but Tony just looked at her and shook his head angrily, walking past her towards Bucky from across the room, who stood his ground.

"Tony, don't do this, you're gonna regret it." Clint warned him. The others prepared to hold him back from killing the super soldier.

"Do you know what I regret? Not killing him the second I found out that he murdered my parents! I let him into my home, even though I can't stand the sight of him. He's a monster who murdered my parents, Dani's grandparents, and who's kill list is longer than any of us can count!" He spat at everyone in the room, who stood there still in shock and some uncomfortable as to what had just happened. Tony then turned to Dani. "And you Danielle... you've turned on your blood, you've let me down in ways that I couldn't even imagine you could, but this... this beats them all. Dating a man who you know killed your family." Tears began to stream down Dani's face, but she looked him straight in the eyes, glassy and all.

"I don't care. I love him," She replied menacingly. "And do you want to know something? Something that may even top letting you down this time? I killed Rhodey. There. Now you know the whole story, happy now, dad?! I'm a murderer, I killed your best friend. How does that make me any better than him?!" The whole room let out a gasp, even Bucky did, yet Tony didn't seem to notice his gasp.

Tony was enraged enough at the fact that his own daughter would date Bucky Barnes, the man who killed his parents, but adding that she had murdered his best friend, set him back so far on his heels. But it was his daughter, what could he do about it? A teardrop fell from his eye, followed by a couple more, but this was anger.

"All I have ever done, since I've come back from HYDRA is let you down. I've killed thousands of people, one used to be your best friend, and I remember all of it. Every kill, every mission, every single time I was tested on, wiped, beaten, tortured. It haunts me every night, all the time. But Bucky is no different than I am. He has let Steve down on multiple occasions, he's killed, he's even killed my grandparents. So I am going to ask you one more time, what's the difference between James Buchanan Barnes, and I?"

"You're my daughter, Danielle."

"If I wasn't, we'd both be running by now."

"He should start running now," Tony threatened, as he blasted more electricity at him. Bucky fell to the ground once again, and got back up, but he didn't run. He didn't move at all, he just looked at Dani painfully.