Chapter Ten: A Job Offer and a Public Announcement

A/N: Hey guys! I do have to let you know that there IS a Valentine's Day special coming up next chapter. I can't promise that it will be released on Valentine's Day, but I can guarantee a LOT of romance!

I wanted to give a shoutout to @KateGT, @torii1369 and @Bucky Barnes the зимний солдат, for my first five comments on this story! Go follow them all, they've given me so much support!

Also, thank you so much for 879 reads and 25 hearts! Thank you guys so much, I really do appreciate it! Enough of my rambling, enjoy chapter ten of Like You!

- Harper E. Pierce

Dani and Bucky had talked a little since the confrontation, but it was really awkward between them. Dani felt horrible for what she'd done to him, but also knew that they'd be better off as friends.

Dani had started learning combat training after the whole thing between Bucky had blown over. She was picking up fighting quickly, even though it had been over two years since she last fought somebody that wasn't an Avenger; and clearly her fighting skills were still fresh in her memory. Keeping her cool as she was fighting certain Avengers was getting easier and easier as she trained more and more. It had been a week, she was able to fight off most of them without losing it or generally just fighting them off. She was able to control her powers completely. So clearly, HYDRA had trained her well. But one day, an unexpected visitor had showed up. Thaddeus Ross; the man who now had control over the Avengers. The Sokovian Accords, the main thing that had started the fight that tore the Avengers apart.

FRIDAY had alerted them. Dani was in the midst of fighting off Natasha and Steve, and it was working out very nicely. She was winning. Dani didn't really care if Ross saw her in her sweaty workout clothes. It's not like she worked out in just a sports bra and shorts. She usually wore long sleeves and pants, even in the summertime. She didn't want anyone to see her scars. The Avengers questioned her a little on it, but dropped it after she told them that it was because she got cold really easily. Tony walked into the room, with Thaddeus Ross himself, while Dani was kicking Natasha and Steve's asses.

"So do you think we should do it on Wednesday? The announcement?" Tony asked him.

"It would be best. It's time for the world to know. We must get confirmation from Danielle," Ross agreed, looking over at Dani through the window and squinting. She looked back over with a scowl on her face and continued to fight her father's co-workers with ease; he suddenly had an idea. "Tony, do you mind if I talk to your daughter?" He asked. Tony nodded and sent him into the training room.

"Danielle," he called to her. She didn't answer, but Steve and Nat stopped fighting.

"Ugh, seriously guys? I hate this guy!" She groaned quietly to them, making sure he didn't hear her.

"As much of an asshole as he is, he's kind of our boss." Nat replied with an eyeroll. "Now go, before he gets pissed off at us for keeping you here." She shooed her. Dani reluctantly walked over to the man, quite bothered about the fact that she had to interact with Ross.

"Hello, Danielle." He greeted her, like a gentleman. She just rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"That's Miss Stark to you, Ross." She snapped back at him.

"An unwise decision, Miss Stark, to retaliate to a man who's going to open up an amazing opportunity to you." He smirked. Dani raised a bitter brow at him, scowling.

"What could YOU possibly offer me?"

"A job," he stated.

"I have one. I work under the Avengers,"