gardening (daisy x reader)

~

~

"Uh..please tell me you're joking.."

The ginger gave you a glance, she puffed her cheeks out and braced herself onto the ginormous weed in the middle of her flower garden.

"You shouldn't doubt me ____! It's not like this hasn't happened before!"

She pulled onto the weed with a great amount of force, dragging her heels through the soil as she tried to force it out of its root, obviously with no success.

She was usually rather stubborn, even more so when it came to her flower garden. You knew she wasn't going to stop until she rips the weed out of her enclosure. But from the looks of that plant-and her previous attempts-it looks like you two will be here for a long while.

You frowned a little bit, picking yourself up from the small, sweet smelling area you were attending to. You brushed the dirt off your  knees and wiped the sweat off your brow.

You made your way over to your girlfriend, your hands placed firmly on your hips as you made your tone sharp.

"Daisy, you should stop before you hurt yourself. I know you care a lot about the presentation of your flower beds, but you need to take a break sweetheart." You looked at her, worry scrunching at your eyebrows.

She huffed once again, giving another hard pull on the vine, she groaned loudly as she quickly gave out and slid down towards the dirt. Her little gardening hat hitting the ground with a soft 'pumf'.

You looked down at her, one of your eyebrows cocked upwards, she was sprawled out onto the dirt, looking up pitifully at you, her bright blue eyes glazing over.

She sulked a little bit, "I just wanted to make it look special.." she trailed off. "For you.."

You felt your breath hitch in your throat as your heart started to beat a little bit faster.

"I know how much you like Petunias." She droned, tilting her head downwards and quickly looking back at you. You were flushed, little hearts forming at your pupils.

'She did this for me,' you thought, your mouth curling into a warm smile. You bent down near her level, pressing a kiss onto her temple.

"You're so sweet dear, thank you for doing this, really, but I don't want you to overwork yourself."

You winked at her, "Take a break with me?" We can have some snacks, lemonade too."

She instantly perked up, bouncing up and pressing a kiss to your lips. "Anything for you sweets!"

She hopped up and started bounding towards her castle, waving at you to hurry and catch up. You pressed a hand against your lips, cheeks tinting pink.

Gosh you love this girl.