Your Phone Listen To Your Conversations?

So I know I literally have not updated in the longest time, with absolutely no warning, and I apologise for it, but I am finally back and hope to stay.

For the longest time ever, I noticed that the ads that will pop up on my phone would majority of the time link with what I am thinking or feeling or wanting, however I brushed it off. But recently I noticed that a lot of people have been experiencing this.

I am not even talking about when you search something up and then the same thing keeps popping up in the pop up ads. I am talking about how I will be feeling like eating or doing something and then I would not even search it up and it will just come in an ad on Youtube or Instagram or Snapchat or other media forms. It actually was is creepy.

Like, recently I became vegan and was talking to my friend about wanting to try Tofu, and then that night, ads on Tofu kept popping up. Another really scary thing is that I am in year 12, and on Instagram the 'featured post' is always about students in year 12 who need help and tutoring, yet I have never searched it up on my phone. I have on my laptop, but the two of them aren't even connected or anything. I have been talking about it a lot to my friends, which makes me wonder...

There is no denying that Siri or Google Talks (or whatever it is called, not sure) listen to our conversation on a daily basis, as whenever we even mention the name Siri, she will pop up, meaning that she was listening to hear for her name. Even when setting up a phone, we agree to having our personal information get used, but does that mean that we are also agreeing for them to invade our personal life and listen to our private conversation?

I thought I was the only one experiencing this, but I have seen so many other people talk about this which means a lot of people are getting recorded. Why would whoever is listening, want to be listening to the billions of people who have a phone?

What could the purpose be behind all this. It actually confuses me because I could not think of a valid excuse.

Could it be the government? Illuminati? Nothing at all? What did you all think? Change your mind? Or have your own explanation? All comments are welcome below.