...Why they do it...

A typical profile of a cheat is very easy to pick, if, you know what to look for:
Usually these men are between the ages of 20 and 55. They work in a type of career that has them traveling a lot or working casual and changing hours. They are successful and have a high bank balance.

There could be many reasons why he cheats. When he was younger, his father may have been having an affair. Even though his mother turned a blind eye towards it, he may think that it is suitable to cheat. His own father got away with it, why can't he.
Another reason is that he has unfaithful friends. Peer group pressure is a hard thing to ignore. So if his best mate is having an affair, getting away with it, and having a great time, he may feel left out, and want to join in the fun. This is when the good old boys night out comes in handy.
He may be insecure sexually, and be after some type of reassurance. Not that you don't make him feel good. He may feel you are just being nice to him cause he's your boyfriend, so he's looking for another opinion. He may have little experience, and want to explore other possibilities, and woman. He may have a few 'short' features. He may be overweight slightly. He needs to prove to himself that he still has the ability to meet, and be desired by other woman. Usually looking towards an affair for reassurance and gratification.
Then there's always the fact that he's cheated before. Once a cheat, always a cheat. They can never be changed. If he told you the reason his last girlfriend broke up with him was because she accused him of cheating on her, then it's probably true. These types of men, know how to pick up the right type of woman, they can spot them a mile away.
If he was cheating on his last girlfriend with you, be wary. Don't think he isn't going to cheat on you sooner or later, if he isn't already. The other woman never wins, and he never loses.
Then there's the opportunity factor. Give him an inch, and he'll take a mile. It's the same as saying," Go out with your mates tonight, I don't feel like going out." By not going out, and not being fun anymore, you are giving him the opportunity to find another woman who is fun. If the two of you argue a lot, and he goes off with the guys, it gives him the opportunity to cheat. By saying, "I'm not in the mood for sex. Leave me alone." You will most surely drive him straight into another woman's bed.
Maybe the two of you are in a rough patch. He thinks he needs a meaningless, sexual encounter to get out of the rut.  This is usually a one night stand, where his mates urge him to go home with some girl because it will make him feel better. It never does. He may not love his girlfriend anymore. But staying with her is like a security blanket. He knows he still has her to go back to if he doesn't pick up. He may get along with everyone in the family, he and her brother go out every now and then. Her father loves him so much; he wants to bring him into the family business. He likes to have his cake and eat it to.
Then there's the type of guy who cheats once, but has a really bad experience. They learn the hard way. They are usually the type who don't have it in their nature to cheat, and would never do it again. It was only a
once off. There are many reasons why guys cheat I will go into more detail about this in the next chapter.

 There are many reasons why guys cheat I will go into more detail about this in the next chapter