Hey sweet thing

Y/n POV

I can't remember if I'm supposed to be awkward or what.

Are we dating now?

The question replays in my head over and over on my way to school, making me more confused each time.

Well are we?

I just decided to act casually until he brings it up.

I smile as my mom stops the car and I step out.

"Have a good day at school!" I hear her call out.

I hope I have a good day.

I walk into the building and head up to my locker. As I arrive I see that Richie's already standing next to it. My stomach gets butterflies about the idea that he was waiting for me.. even though his locker is next to mine anyway.

"Hey sweet thing." He greets and that makes me blush harder.

"Uh.. hey Richie" I manage to get out.

"So uh.. I was wondering, would you like to go to a movie with me on Friday?"

I almost faint right there on the spot.

Oh my gosh.

"Yes" I reply awkwardly looking up at him.

The next few periods I couldn't have been happier. Me and Richie talked and joked and it was all going great until Richie's ex friend Hayden came up to me.

"Hey, you're y/n right?" He asks me in between 5th and 6th period.

"Uh yeah, why?" I answer back unsurely.

"Well I heard Richie asked you out. I just want to warn you.. Richie isn't good in relationships. He's a total player and whenever he dates someone, he ghosts on them a week later. Just saying."

He walks away quick, like he shouldn't be saying this to me. He probably shouldn't be.

The rest of the day, I try to let what he had told me register in my head

Richie can't be a player.. can he? No that guys just messing with me. Is he? What's going to happen?