Chapter 1

¹The loud phone ringing in The Last Chance Garage had one of the mice coming forward, Charley was usually the one answering, but she wasn't here

¹The loud phone ringing in The Last Chance Garage had one of the mice coming forward, Charley was usually the one answering, but she wasn't here. The trio was told not to pick up and let the answering machine do its job, but the sound was so persistent and annoying, someone was going to pick it up sometime. And that someone was Modo, he was hesitant at first. But it got to him. Picking up the bulky old phone, he answered.

"Hello, Last Chance Garage." He repeated the exact same phrase Charley would usually say many times upon answering, a soft shy female voice spoke.

"U-uh... Is-uh Charley there?" A normal human wouldn't have been able to hear her, but Modo's large ears caught the soft speaker.

"No Ma'am. But is there anything I can help you with?" The woman on the other end was silent for a good few minutes, he knew she was still there due to her quiet breathing. He was about to speak once more, but she did before he even got a chance.

"Y-you could tell Charley I-I called." The grey mouse opened his mouth to ask 'Who', but the shy woman quickly hung up. Modo looked at the phone in confusion,

"Who was on the phone?" Came Throttle's smooth calm voice, the male put the device back upon its receiver and turned to look at his bro. Who were smaller compared to his massive form.

"Didn't give a name. But she did want to talk with Charley." Throttle saw this as suspicious, but his face did not show the emotion and thought.

---

When you called, you actually expected an old friend to answer, but it was someone else... Someone different... That triggered your anxiety, you rarely talked to living people, but when you did, you would panic just a bit. Mostly sealed your life away inside, tinkering with computers in the dark. You wanted to call yourself a hacker, only knowing a few here and there, but fixed computers something fierce. And you were a MAJOR bookworm, mostly fan fictions on the internet.

You starred at the dark olive green phone, you have the latest cellphone but used this old thing for fun.

"Did Charley hire some workers?" You said to no one in particular, "It's a nice change for her... She needed the extra hand." You mumbled to yourself with a smile as you made your way to your desk, it was quite easy moving through the darkness having known where everything was and where in the apartment. You were used to the darkness and minimal lighting, from a nightlight, computer monitor, and even the flame from the gas stove. You actually had high hopes that your old time friend would get back to you soon, you actually have a special project for her.

---

The short-haired female arrived at the garage, a couple of boxes of pizza, movies, and a few two liters. To hopefully distract the trio of mice, Charley needed to do a few things in peace, something that needed her full attention. Upon entering the establishment, it was quiet...

To quiet...

Setting the objects upon the round wooden table nearby, the small table used for eating  or even playing cards. From afar, the human spotted Modo taking a look over his bike. Throttle leaning against a wall, arms crossed. But there was no sign of Vinnie, it's never a good sign when Vinnie is nowhere in sight and being quiet. A prank will be activated soon, Charley was cautious, having walked into the clear plastic that was taped to a door before. It was meant for one of his bros, but the brunette triggered it instead,

oh! How mad she was! The grey mouse caught the sound of boots hitting the floor, with a quick turn of the head, Modo saw the garage owner.

"Oh! Charley ma'am, someone was asking for you." The said woman now stood beside the strong male, head cocked to the side with an arched brow.

"Oh? Who?" She asked in bewilderment,

"No, she just sounded really nervous is all. Stuttered a little, but she wanted you to call her back." The little description could be anyone, Charley took a quick glance towards the tan-furred commander. She assumed he was just watching, but he would've added his two cents into the conversation. Maybe he was thinking, but his body slid forward a small bit and his head slowly dipping down with a soft snore. Charley smiled with a small giggle, Modo looked confused until he looked towards Throttle's direction, finding the male asleep.

"Hey... Where's Vinnie?" The grey mouse returned his attention back to the short-haired female,

"He's actually asleep. The couch I believe." After that said, the sound of something heavy fell hard against the floor, startling Charley, a pained groan followed after.

"Heh. It seems I didn't need this stuff after all." She jabbed a thumb in the direction of the goods she brought, "I'm guessing the late-night fights finally getting to you all?" Modo slightly shook his head with a small chuckle of his own,

"It's quite tiring. The constant attacks take the energy right out of us, never really having the time to sleep. I've caught myself dozing off here and there." Charley's smile never left her lips, with a quick pat upon the mouse's broad shoulder.

"You should rest up and enjoy the peace while you can."

"Yes, Charley ma'am." The said female gave one final pat as she up and left, heading towards the phone to check out the messages that were left earlier.

---

It has been a few good hours since you called, you were kinda worried she would never call back. You sat upon your wheelie chair, legs pressed up against your chest as you starred at your phone. The light on the lowest setting as it would allow. Playing Geometry Dash as you waited, waited, and waited. Your head snapping up at the sound of the phone going off, in the process of reaching the old phone, you topple over the wheelie chair. Snatching the device up, you answered.

"Hell-hello?" You silently sighed to yourself at the very voice you wanted to hear,

"[NAME]? Did you call earlier?" Charley questioned, you nodded as you spoke into the corded phone. (As if she could see you nod anyway...)

"Yes!" You spoke with more confidence,

"I'm sorry I couldn't get to you. I was a little busy. I hope you don't mind."

"It's alright! I don't mind at all! Anyway! I actually wanted to talk to you! Would it be alright if you come over? I fear if I move it, it'll break!" You explained you could practically see her nod on the other end.

"Sure thing! You still live at the 'Old Orphanage'?" Charley asked, not really sure if you moved or not.

"Yeeeaahhh. I have a lot of things to tell you once you get here!... I miss you... We haven't talked in a long time.."

"I agree! Same time as always? Tomorrow morning."

"Y'UP!" You both said goodbye and the phone was then hung up, you were so giddy! You couldn't wait for tomorrow!

AN:
*THE NEXT CHAPTER, YOU DO MEET MODO. BUT YOU DON'T ACTUALLY THINK HE'S A ACTUALLY ANTHRO CREATURE. YOU THINK MORE OF A FURRY WEARER.
*Chapter Updated>>> December 16, 2020
*Chapter Updated>>> May 24, 2021

[1]-Indents don't show