Chapter 2

¹The following day, Charley packed the truck. Vinnie called shotgun while the other two were in the back, this time, Modo was asleep and Throttle making his way towards the front.

"Where are we going?" Asked the white mouse as he looked towards the short-haired female's direction, arm hanging out the open window. The wind flowing through Vinnie's white fur, he rather feel it riding on his motorbike instead.

"To a friend's." Charley briefly glanced at the white mouse before looking back to the road ahead.

"And why couldn't we just stay back at the garage? I could've stayed back." By this time Throttle was now standing behind the two, hands holding onto the head of both seats, ensuring he wouldn't fall easily.

"She doesn't trust you being alone anymore. Not after what you pulled." Vinnie shrugged with a smile, red eyes looking elsewhere.

"It was worth it!" His smirk never leaving his muzzled face.

"So what is exactly happening here?" Throttle was a little curious, he and Vinnie now fully awake.

"That person that didn't give a name yesterday. We're going to see them." Charley told the tan mouse,

"Isn't it a little suspicious that they ask for you by name and don't say who they are?" Charley shrugged and hummed to his question,

"Nah. Not when it's a friend of mine. When we get there, you guys can come in... Just don't trigger anything that may go off." The brunette smiled to herself, haven't seen her friend in a long time.

"Wouldn't your 'friend' be-like scared of us or something?" Vinnie added to the conversation, the only female rolled her eyes.

"You'll see when we get there." This had the two mice bewildered, maybe this person was like the small percentage of people that didn't care or weren't scared. "We're almost there anyway." The radio playing and the truck's engine is the only sound along the ride, it soon ended when they pulled up to the parking lot. "I remember when this used to be an orphanage," Charley said as she looked up to the sign mounted upon the front of the building,

"Sophie's Delight. It sounds like a candy shop or a cafe." Nobody responded to that, the small group looked over to see the truck thud and sway as Modo made his way out with a yawn.

"We here?" He asked with a rub of his single eye and a stretch.

"Yeah. Maybe [NAME] can get you something to drink while we are here. Vinnie here took most of the pizza yesterday." Said the female as she began to walk towards the building

"Who says I ate them? They literally disappeared before my very eyes! I'm not joking!" The white mouse claimed, but Charley playfully rolled her eyes. Upon entering, there had been a nicely cleaned counter, a small stack of papers the side a couple of magazines. Then there was a guard who has his legs propped up upon the smooth reflective surface, face buried into a Game Informer. There was no need for Charley to even ask, she knew what room and where. Having spent most of your time in one area and usually refused to go outside. The further they walked the more it began to appear like an old cartoon granny home, even looking like something from a scary movie or games.

"This place is giving me the willies." Modo snickered upon hearing Vinnie who looked at an oval-shaped picture with a Nun reading a book to the children, it was turning into that old yellow color and paint appeared to be fading. When the white-furred martian touched the object, it fell, causing the young man to flinch back. "That giving me flashbacks to Outlast." He added.

"So the people we fight don't scare you, but 'games related' things do?" Asked Throttle as he too glanced towards the many pictures, seeming like they were watching. Some smiling, frowning, and others starring off with a blank expression. Colored, black & white, they seemed a little off. At one point, Vinnie was whining about 'how there were so many stairs'. Charley was a little out of breath, having forgotten about this part. Soon the small group came to the apartment,