Chapter 5

[1]The return to your room didn't taken to long, knowing the building inside and out, every route and every hidden passage way this old place held.

Time for spaghetti! You've honestly been looking forward to your dinner, you haven't had the Italian food in quite a long time. When you wanted to sit, Modo kindly scooted closer to the end of the sofa. Moving your long skirting out of the way to keep from something embarrassing to happen when you sat down, there was no disturbance upon plopping down.

"Thank you [NAME] for making supper." Charley said before taking a bite from a juicy meatball, slurping a noodle yourself.

"Modo d-did most of the w-work." You spoke so softly, afraid of being to loud for your own comfort. You casually leaned against the grey mouse, playing it off innocently. The male felt warm and the muscles of his flesh arm felt pleasing but his fur felt rough against your skin. Now you know that not all fan-fiction is right, the grey fur wasn't soft nor silky. Thick and rough, like he hasn't had time to properly care for his fur. You wonder if Modo would ever be willing to let you brush it all out, you liked how he smelled of some kind oil. A brand even you don't recognize.

It reminded you of Sister Sophie. She always smelled like she came back from the mechanics.

You just want to bury your face into the mouse's fur, so addictive...

"Maybe we should have you do all the cooking." Joked Throttle, setting his can of root beer upon a side table, one big enough to hold a lamp and cup but not much else.

"Maybe if you guys actually did more cooking then I wouldn't have to keep buying pizza and chili dogs all the time." Charley responded, a few bites made you happy as the others talked and joked about. While you ate, you took in the sight of the others. Vinnie had his legs hung over the arm of your plush chair as he seemed to be leaning back against the other arm. Charley rested at his side, sitting upon a stool she got from your tiny kitchen. The two talking about something you couldn't quite hear, jealous of the attention he was receiving. Throttle sat to your left, finishing what was left upon his plate. So polite when eating, didn't chew with his mouth open, unlike the white one did.

That bothered you. Eating with one's mouth open really was annoying. Maybe that was the teaching of Sister Sophie kicking in. Now Modo sat to your right, he was probably looking to your T.V.. The eyepatch stopping you from properly looking at his face, so you were basically in his blind spot.

The grey mouse tensed up, the feeling of someone touching his ear made him freeze in mid bite. You gently pinched and felt the large mouse ear, that definitely didn't feel like cardboard or foam. The feeling of a light pulse, one you wouldn't expect.

Maybe your father was right.

Modo turned his head just enough to look down at you,  confusion showed upon his grey muzzled face. Your hand glided along his fur until caressing his plump cheek,

"Something I can help you with miss?" Now you held the sides of his head, running your fingers through the fur and playing the skin underneath. You were pretty sure if Modo didn't have any fur, you would be able to see how his skin would bunch. "Umm?.." You were so focused, you hadn't heard the other three giggling.

"Simply just admiring." You moved on to touching his muzzle, booping the grey mouse's cold nose. "So this isn't a mask?" You mainly asked more of yourself then anyone else, Modo looked to his bros before glancing back to you. You were a lot closer then needed to be, a blush of embarrassment flushing under his fur.