• ✧- chapter one

MY FINGERS GRASPED the ball as I repeatedly dribbled it in conquest of reaching the other end of the court to shoot it but to my dismay it was quite easier said than done. My eyes constantly met with the eyes of which belonged to a male I was unfamiliar with personally but I had known he was someone that could be deemed as an enemy seeing that he hadn't belonged to the same team as myself . It suddenly felt as if it were just us two on the polished court as he attempted to guard me despite the sound of undying cheers and screams that came from the crowd that was bound to witness me break this man's ankles.

"Ayo Bari, I'm open! I'm open!" I heard the familiar voice of Kareem but I hadn't had the nerve to acknowledge him being that I was enveloped within the belly of the beast. Without a second thought I crossed the male who sported the blue and white jersey, quickly racing to the basket in hopes to make the shot that would continue our winning streak. My adrenaline reached an all time high as I managed to keep all the other players off my body.

"Ayo J! Pass the ball!" Boogie yelped causing me to acknowledge his antsy behavior as his arms were opened as he blocked another male sporting the blue and white. Hell no, I was not gonna pass the ball for God sakes this was my moment and I bet that those college scouts in the crowd would love to see me make this winning shot. My rate of perspiration increased as I readied myself to make the shot. In One...two...three...

Swish.

Each and everyone's eyes followed the brown sphere as it trailed through the atmosphere. It abruptly felt as if everything has froze including myself. The individuals within the bleachers arose to their feet as they continued to eye the ball as if it were a soaring eagle. And then finally, the results were in.

I missed.

Everything began to move quickly as the opposing team and their supporters began to break out in cheers as they realized that they had won. The feeling I should have felt if we were to win was a feeling that I was forced to watch rather than experience. A feeling of utter joy was evidently exhibited from the other team that I had no part of. I couldn't watch any longer causing me to trek rather quickly to the low lighted locker room just before my other teammates had. The anger within me surely developed leading me into another on of my very own tantrums.

"The fuck was that out there?" I heard Christopher yelp as soon as he pushed opened the grey colored doors to the locker room. "You coulda passed the fucking ball but your dumb ass love to show up and show the fuck out!" He continued as he stood over me as I sat with my head held down.

"I told you I was fucking open man..." I overheard Kareem mumble to himself, obviously hesitant to join in on the verbal hazing seeing that he was one of my closest friends. But I couldn't even be mad at him...he was right.

"He love being stingy with the fucking ball, nigga swear he the shit. Nigga must think he's Magic Johnson or some shit." Khalif rambled on, instantly pushing me on edge.

"Suck my dick. All you motherfuckers know I'm better than all y'all. Y'all might as well wake up from y'all dreams of making it into the NBA cause apparently y'all ain't shit without me." My voice bellowed although my head was still down causing all of them to hush rather quickly as if I had the upper hand- which I did...even if we lost.

"Who the fuck you talking to?" Khalif questioned, knowing damn well I was talking to him mainly seeing that he was trash on the court.