• ✧- chapter six

MONTELL

"YOU NEED TO HOOK me up with a job at the rec man! Them checks must be fat 'cause nowadays you be walking into school like it's a damn fashion show!" I blurted out as I acknowledged my brothers choice of clothes for the school day as I leaned against his room's doorframe, which consisted of a Tommy Hilfiger black and red Pullover accompanied by Tommy Jeans as well as his favorite sneakers in the Air Jordan line, the black and varsity red 6's. He chuckled at my remarks as he picked his short standing flat top while staring into the mirror above his dresser.

"I would bro, if I could. They not hiring right about now but if they are I'll make sure to mention you. Besides don't you have all those extra ass clubs you gotta attend after school?" He let out just before placing on SnapBack specifically to the back and grabbing his black bubble coat. He was right I did have 'extra ass clubs' I had to attend although it was only two, those being the chorus club which was only held on Thursdays and the culinary club which was only held once every two weeks but it wasn't like I was gaining anything from the two. I already know how to cook especially when it came to some mean crab legs and I had already knew how to sing my ass off so I didn't mind quitting if something more important were to come along.

"Yeah Ight man you better make sure they holla at me if they actually start hiring. I don't know how you do it though, you be traveling deep into Harlem and bringing your ass here late just to get up early for school. I respect that you bout your grind Boogie, but damn when's the last time you had a break? You can't be letting them grades slip B, you gotta graduate this year." I stated deeply concerned about my older brothers work ethics mainly because I hadn't want him to fail once more. We weren't supposed to be in the same grade but that was due to him being left back in the eighth grade while I was in the seventh. I wouldn't want him to have a rerun of not being able to graduate with his class.

"Ah, Monty chill I got it all under control. Trust me Ima graduate and I'm gonna make Mom and Dad proud and that's my word. Besides without this little job of mine at the rec sure enough helping the both of us out." He disclosed just before turning to look over my outfit. I wore my black and white Karl Kani pullover as well as some simple black baggy jeans along with my Adidas shell toe sneakers that matched my shirt which was slightly concealed by my blue coat. "That's what I thought." He said just above a whisper as he laughed lightly realizing that he did purchase the more expensive components of my ensemble. I grazed my hand across the nape of my neck signifying my defeat as I lowly rolled my eyes.

"Yeah Ight. You got me there kid but uh ...can we fucking go to school now? You making us late with your conceited ass!" I slightly joked although I was being serious. He nodded his head just before grabbing his grey backpack from the wooden flooring of his bedroom. We made our way downstairs only to see our parents at the breakfast table seemingly waiting for us to leave for school.

"You boys better hurry up fore y'all miss the bus." My father demanded as he placed on his work boots readying himself for another day at work. " and you Darnell better watch yourself since you like looking flashy around this bumass block now." My father simply stated as he began to tie his black boots.

"Johnathan!" My mother attempted to hush our father upon realizing his foul language.

"Mary please, 'ass' is in the Bible."

"You always tryna check me pops like Monty not sporting fly gear too!"

"And that's thanks to you Boogie... besides Monty isn't a loudmouth that loves to boast just like you."