When You See Him Again

Laughing Jack

   Ever since you saw LJ, he was the only thing on your mind. More than usual. He told you that it was only a dream. That he wasn't real, that he was just something you made up in your mind like an imaginary friend in your dream. But after seeing him at the carnival that day you were now completely confused. Was this another dream? Is it real? What is it? It had been about a week since you went back to the carnival. You didn't want to take the chance of it not being real and him not showing up. However it was bothering you not knowing so you went anyway. You really hoped that it wasn't just your imagination.

   When you got there you looked around hoping that that maybe you would find him. But after a while, there was no sign of him. Maybe it was your imagination after all. Before you left you went to the photo booth no one went to and stood there reminiscing about your dream. You both met at this booth. You could remember it all so clearly like it only happened yesterday. The way he appeared from behind it and the way he smiled you. Tears still streamed down your cheeks when you thought about it. "It's about time!" Said a voice from behind the booth. When you looked there he was. Standing right there in front of you. "I was starting to think you'd never show up." He said. He was expecting you? "What's your name?" He demanded, you were still at a loss for words. You still couldn't believe he was standing right there in front of you. After a bit you finally processed that he had asked you what your name was. "Right! Uh, my name, it's uh, i-it's Y/N." You say nervously. Your heart raced and your chest tightened. Even now your love for him is still strong. Maybe stronger than ever before. You've never been so flustered around him before, not even in your dreams.

   "Well, Y/N, I want to ask you something." He says to you.

   "Um, okay."

   "Not here though. It's too public. Come with me." He disappeared behind the photo booth and you followed him. When followed him you knew where he was taking you. The secret path you walked down was all too familiar and you knew exactly where it led to. You weren't sure if the abandon carnival even existed since you went there only in your dream and because it was in your dream you thought that that is what was. A place you created in your head. But now that you were here, it was habit that you walked down this path. You couldn't believe that you didn't even bother to see if this place was real or not, because apparently it was.

    After a while walking down the path you looked up to see the abandoned carnival where Laughing Jack spent a lot of his time and also the place where you and him were together a lot of the time. It was just as you remembered it from your dream. "It's still amazing..." You said to yurself. You turned to LJ standing there with his arms folded and questioning look on his face. It was sort of like you were still together. Every time you came here you always used to admire this place, despite it all being torn and broken. You'd always just stand there and LJ would stand behind you smiling, watching as you acted half your age around here. You really did miss those times. "So, what did you want to ask me?" You asked him.

   "I want to know who you are. When we last met you've supposedly mistaken me for someone else you knew. However, you said my name and I don't know you. You walked all the way here as if you already knew where we were going. I was walking behind you half the way here when you were lost in though just a minute ago. So tell me, who are you and how do you know me? If you lie to me I will kill you and I promise it will be slow and very painful for you." He was looking at you so coldly. You had never ever seen him that way. He was threatening you too; the Laughing Jack you knew would never ever hurt you, this is only another reminder that the LJ you knew was still only just a dream. That's how it will always be. You lie, you die. Even if you told the truth he'd probably still kill you. He's a killer he can't risk leaving a victim alive.

    "You'd probably think I'm crazy if I told you." You tell him.

   "Try me."

   "Well..."