Part 1 Transfer

Japan
6pm

JiYeon ah!

JiYeon's mother called for her from the kitchen. JiYeon sprinted out of her room and stumbled down the stairs.

Your flight is in four hours, honey. Come get some food before you leave.

The voice of her loving mother made her eyes teary.

Mom, you know this will be the last time I will get to eat the food you cook. I can't believe I have to go back to Korea by myself...

JiYeon started sobbing towards the end of her sentence. Her mother pulled her in for a hug and inhaled the scent of her precious daughter's hair.

Mommy will fly straight to Korea if your uncle does anything to you. I know he isn't in the right mind and he could do anything to you.

Her mother sighed.

I know it's hard for you to leave us as it is hard for us to leave you... Please take care of yourself while you're there. Get a good degree and graduate happily, okay?

JiYeon's family had migrated to Japan for eight years now. JiYeon wasn't coping well with the different education syllabus in Japan which made her parents worry about her future. After thinking about it for a long time, they decided to send JiYeon back to Korea. She was only in Japan because of her father's job anyways. The only thing they could possibly worry about was the fact that the only relative that could take care of her in Korea was her drunkard uncle who had a few criminal records for possession of drugs.

JiYeon sat down at the dining table as she scanned the surroundings. She wanted to get the whole image of the house and her family printed in her memory before she left.

When her mother was done cooking, JiYeon made sure she tasted every single bit of it and remember the uniqueness in her mothers cooking. Tears dripped into the food as JiYeon did her best to scoop every single bit left.

Her parents made time off their night-shift work schedule and sent her off at the airport.

Korea, Seoul
12am aka midnight

The plane finally landed at her hometown. JiYeon couldn't figure out her feelings by now. She was excited to be back in Korea but she missed her parents as well. She also had a feeling of fear from meeting her uncle.

Once she got past the custom, she looked around for that plump figure of her uncle. JiYeon met him back in Japan not long ago so she knew how he looked like. Didn't really change, that is. She looked left and right and... There it was. Indeed he did not show any interest in looking for his niece. He was staring at his mobile phone which he had been using for the past five years. He always complained about the slow internet but he never got the money to get a new phone. And as you may guess, he spent every cent he earned on cigarettes and alcohol. He stopped drugs for a while but who knows when he could get the whole thing started again?

Uncle!

JiYeon called as she approached him. He looked up from his phone and walked off to the carpark, expecting JiYeon to automatically follow him. JiYeon sighed and pulled her luggage along as she jogged a little to catch up with her uncle.

You don't mind my business and I won't mind yours. Your parents told me to give you money but I guess you can earn it yourself. You're old enough anyways.

Her uncle said. JiYeon rolled her eyes and immediately thought of taking the dorm services instead of staying in that old man's house.

I hope this all goes well...