Chapter 6: Training

El:

5am came fast. My internal alarm clock caused my peaceful dreams to float away. I hit the home button on my phone, illuminating my room. Just on time. 05:00. I slowly stretched each of my limbs. Allowing them to nearly cramp before bringing them back into their usual position. Throwing the sheets off my body I trundled to my ensuite.

Turning my shower on, I removed my shorts, underwear and t-shirt before allowing my hair to cascade down my back. Thinking about the training ahead, I placed my hair on the top of my head. A quick shower using my special body wash, I was out and towel drying. Once dry, I allowed my hair down again. I took a brush and brushed out any tangles that had been created. Letting my hair flow for a moment I moved from ensuite to closet. Dropping my towel and dirty clothes in my hamper, I chose a black thong, sliding it over my hips I grabbed my dark purple sports bra. Once on I chose a pair of black three-quarter length running leggings. Then adding a black drop armhole racerback tank top, I smiled knowing that it wouldn't last long in our sparing sessions. Adding white trainer socks and my purple trainers I was ready. Walking out of my closet I looked at myself in my dressing table mirror. Flicking my head over, I backcombed the roots of my hair and threw my head backwards, my untamed red mane looked rather impressive. With a few large hair ties, I gathered my now giant mane of hair and placed it in a messy ponytail. Checking my appearance and nodding slightly, I opened my curtains and left my phone on my bedside table. No pockets and mind linking means no real need for it this morning. I opened my bedside drawer and lifted my Fitbit, I always like to keep track of our training. Looking at the time, 05:45, I moved for my door. Silently closing it and tiptoeing to the back door. I know that many wolves will have sore heads today and they would be in a foul mood if they were woken before 9am.

Walking towards the front of the pack house. I took a deep breath in, savouring the serene and quiet pack lands that lay before me. Following the trail down towards the Elites training area, its more secluded and allows us to keep our training more secret from the rest of the pack. It's not that we don't want the pack seeing us train. It's more to keep them safe. Our training is more intense and to be honest dangerous. With so many packs on our grounds I'm glad that we have an isolated area for the Elites. As I ducked underneath low-lying branches, I saw Dean sitting on a large fallen tree trunk. Dean had always been reserved. The shyest of my comrades but one of the strongest. Six feet and all muscle, a large wolf with good looks to match. Deep brown eyes that hold such an intensity it's hard not to be sucked in. Both male and female wolves along with humans thought the same. I smiled remembering the last time we were out at a human club, he was the centre of attention. Much to the rest of the groups dismay. As I walked closer to Dean I noticed his work out attire, or lack of it. Basketball shorts and trainers. The usual choice of clothing for a male werewolf due to the shifting and more so our acceptance of our skins.

"Morning Dean." I called as I stretched my back out.

"El." A curt nod towards my general direction told me exactly what I knew already.

"Have a little too much last night?" I fought back a giggle as I sat down beside him.

"I want first pop at Benji. He spiked my drink. I know it was him." Dean replied with such conviction.

"I thought we could take it easy today, seeing as most of you are going to be nursing a hangover. I was thinking about couple of hours just. But if you want to go full on then we can." I smirked knowing his answer, Dean was always a sucker for a good training session.

"As long as you push Benji extra then I'm all for whatever torture you have planned." Without even looking at Dean I knew he was dead serious but enjoying the fact that none of the others were here to object.