Chapter 7: Thud

El:

The click of my door and the melodic flick of the lock, I sighed and pressed my forehead against the door. Taking a moment to compose myself, I spun on my heel and padded towards the bathroom.

Flicking the shower on full, I slowly walked out of the bathroom as the steam began to build. I peeled off my blood and sweat covered sports clothes, tossing them into the washing basket. I made my way across the room, slowly placing one foot in front of the other. Steam came billowing out from the bathroom door, creating a perfect sauna like oasis.

As I stepped into the bathroom my skin prickled with Goosebumps. I made my way to the shower, sliding the door I allowed the water to flow down my body washing the dirt and sweat away. I lowered myself down the black tile wall, closing my eyes I felt almost relieved. The way the water rushed down my skin, I could feel each droplet. Heightened wolf senses are sometimes a blessing, sometimes... I could hear nothing but the water splashing and spraying off my body. Taking a deep breath in, I opened my eyes slowly. This was my true self. Nothing hiding my scent, nothing stopping me from being me, just bliss. I pulled my knees to my chest and ran my hands up and down my shins, inhaling the thick moisture ridden air gave me time to just rest. I exhaled slowly through my mouth and lowered my forehead onto my knees.

I don't know how long I was there for. I must have fallen asleep because the next thing I remember is being jolted awake by a pounding on my bedroom door.

Thud Thud Thud.

Taking a few long hard blinks, I let my eyes adjust to the light and the steam that clung to each of my eyelashes. The pounding continued with a muffled voice behind it, a girl couldn't catch a break around here. I stretched my legs out in front of me and allowed the blood to rush through each vein revelling in the slight pain and discomfort of that 'pins and needle' feeling. Standing up I flicked the tap turning the water, which was miraculously still hot, off.

Thud Thud Thud.

Sliding my hands from my forehead backwards over my hair to get rid of the excess water I walked out of the shower into the sauna that was my bathroom. It was hard to see a foot in front of you, the condensation had been gathering on the walls creating long streams flowing down the partly tiled walls. It was lucky I enjoyed painting, it would need repainted soon. Thud Thud Thud. I meandered through my bathroom door, slowly making my way to the bedroom door. I grabbed my soft plush white towel and wrapped it tightly under my arms.

Thud Thud Thud.

I opened the door to a red-faced Darien. "About damn time!" he bellowed.

I blinked a few times, "Excuse me?"

He sighed and pushed past me, strode to my neatly made bed and sat down, on the edge. I followed him in disbelief "Come on in... it's not like I was busy or anything."

"El, I've been banging on your door for 20 minutes! How the hell did you not hear me? I mean any human would have heard me. Goddess!" he flopped backwards onto my soft bed. I heard a sniffing sound. "You smell different."

"Yes, I smell different, you interrupted my shower. You were also saying you were at my door for some reason?"

"Sorry, I forgot I didn't mean to be insensitive." He propped himself up on the elbows and smiled softly at me. "Dad wanted to see you, he said something about last night and this morning? I don't know, he didn't really explain but he said it was urgent."

"Okay... so in this infinite wisdom of destroying my door to tell me, did you think about what we are?" I leant against my closet doorway, wondering if my brother was really that stupid.