Chapter 1

"Come on, my dad is probably going to take Sam and me to a cheap car sales dealer," Casey said to her friend Riley.

"While that sucks you and I both know that I would help Sam fix anything wrong with the old junker," Riley chuckled from under the hood of the car she and her sister were reconstructing, "Wrench."

"I know that," Casey said as she passed Riley the wrench.

"And you know a good car when you see one, so go with him and make sure it's not too terrible of a first car," Riley shrugged as she took the tool.

"Yeah, don't worry I will, I'm still looking for that truck though," Casey told Riley.

"Which model was that again?" Riley asked without looking up.

"GMC Topkick C4500 pickup truck," Casey said she had the truck memorized perfectly.

"Right, right. I doubt you'll find that at a used car place but good luck anyway."

"Thanks, I still want to try my luck though, I got $8,000 saved up for it."

"That's a 2007 model you want. It's not gonna happen, I promise you," Riley sighed as she stood up straight and brushed a piece of her dark auburn hair behind her ear.

"Did I mention it's probably going to be a used car dealership?"

"No, but we both know you're dad. He's as cheap as they come and used is cheap," Riley answered, emphasizing her point with her wrench.

"I think you're forgetting I'm daddy's little girl," Casey said, emphasizing her point by taking the wrench from Riley and pointing it back at her.

"Fine, you win. So give me my wrench back. Mikaela will kill me if I lose one of the wrenches again."

"Fine," Casey said handing the wrench back.

"Thank-you," Riley responded, "Now, I promised Mikaela I would have this engine block back together by Monday so either, help me or let me work."

"Ok, ok," Casey said as she got to work.

The two girls worked and joked through the night leaving Mikaela to find them asleep in odd places the next morning.

Casey awoke to a phone call from her dad telling her to be home soon so they can go get Sam and her a car.

"Guess that means you're not staying for breakfast then," Riley groaned as she unstuck her face from the car frame.

"I wish I could, but I can't get that truck if someone already bought it," Casey said determined that the truck would be at the dealership.

"I'm still standing by that it won't be there but good luck again I guess," Riley sighed.

"Thanks," Casey said.

"I'll see you later at the lake party. You're still coming right?" Riley asked.

"Yes, I wish I could just stay here and fix cars though," Casey pouted.

"Good because I can't stand Trent alone. And we can do that tomorrow when I take a look under the hood of that truck of yours."

"Ok, and if Trent comes near you at the party, so help me he won't see tomorrow," Casey said still thinking of ways to hurt Trent if he comes near Riley.

"I'm more worried about him being near Micky but thanks," Riley laughed.

"Yeah, same here, she should be with my brother," Casey said also laughing a bit.

"Casey, anyone is better than Trent but remember last time we talked about boys with her? "I don't know, I guess I just have a weakness for hot guys, for, for tight abs and really big arms"," Riley mocked her sister.

"Well she isn't wrong," Casey said seeing as she has the same weakness.

"Every girl has that weakness I guess. Well I mean, I think they do anyway. I'm not so sure about myself yet but yeah... same weakness," Riley rambled.

"Yep, well see you later Lee," Casey said walking towards the gate.

"Wear something kinda pretty but not too fancy so I'm not out of place! Micky's making me dress nice!" Riley called after her.

"Ugh, Fine!" Casey said before she left for home.