Chapter 7

"So, uh... LadiesMan two-seventeen. That is your eBay username, right?" Simmons said as if nothing was wrong as if Mikaela was not leaning on Casey's knee in hopes to stop the bleeding and Riley wasn't unconscious in the car right behind them.

"Yeah, but, you know, it was a typo and I ran with it," Sam lied.

"Well, what do you make of this?" Simmons asked before he presses a button on the phone.

"My name is Sam Witwicky and this is my friend Riley Banes, okay? And my, uh, car-

"Is that you?" Simmons said already knowing the answer.

"Yeah, that sounds like LadiesMan," Mikaela said, pissed at Sam for getting them into this and Simmons for hurting her sister and friend.

"Last night at the station, you told the officer your car transformed. Enlighten me," Simmons asked.

"Well, here's what I said, okay? 'Cause this is a total misunderstanding that my car had been stolen-" Sam said trying to correct himself before he was cut off.

"Tsk. Really?" Simmons said not believing him one bit.

"From me, from my home, but it's fine now because it's back! It came back!" Sam said not realizing what he said.

"Well, not by itself," Mikaela corrected him.

'Well, no," Sam agreed.

"Because cars don't do that because that would be crazy," Mikaela laughed.

Mikaela, Simmons, and Sam all laughed together.

"That's funny. That is so funny. So what do you kids know about aliens, huh?" Simmons asked, suddenly serious again.

Sam and Mikaela stopped laughing instantly.

"Oh, you mean, like a Martian? Like what, E.T? Pfft. No," Sam said looking towards the girls for back up.

"It's an urban legend," Mikaela said.

"Yeah," Sam said shaking his head yes.

Simmons pulled out a badge, "You see this? This is my do-whatever-I-want-and-get-away-with-it badge."

"Right," Sam nodded.

"I'm gonna lock you up forever," Simmons threatened them harshly.

"Oh, God. You know what? Don't listen to him. He's just pissy 'cause he's got to get back to guarding the mall," Mikaela said having enough of this.

Casey piped up at this moment, "And he has to go to the courtroom because I'm pressing charges," She said in a matter of fact tone.

"You, in the training bra, do not test me. Especially with your daddy's parole coming up."

"What? Parole?" Sam asked.

"It's nothing." Mikaela and Casey said in unison.

"Oh, grand theft auto, that ain't nothing?" Simmons said probably hoping that their friendship goes down the drain.

"You know those cars my dad used to teach Riley and I to fix? Well, they-they weren't always his," Mikaela admitted.

Sam was dumbfounded, "You stole cars?"

"Well, we couldn't always afford a babysitter, so sometimes he had to take us along."

"They have their own juvie records to prove it! She's a criminal. Criminals are hot! Well, that'd be a real shame if he had to rot in jail the rest of his natural life. It is time to talk!" Simmons said before the vehicle got picked up by two servos, that Casey knew were Optimus's.

Everyone seemed to be shouting at the other cars swerved behind them.

"Big! It's big!"

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa!"

"Oh-" Simmons started.

"Back up, back up-"

"Go, go, go, go!" Mikaela yelled.

Simmons tried to look around and the car swung around, "I think we're about-"

"I can't see it! I can't see it!" The driver shouted.

Simmons yelled again.

"Shift your weight towards the front!" Sam instructed them.