Chapter 2

"So where are we going, Dad?" Sam asked.

"I've got a little surprise for you two," Ron said as they passed a Porsche dealership.

"Sam, don't trust him, just look straight ahead," Casey said but was ignored.

"Yeah, a little surprise," Ron said almost thoughtfully.

"No. No, no, no, no! Dad! Oh, you gotta be kidding me," Sam freaked out as he saw where they were.

"Ya Sam, he is," Casey said but ignored again.

"Yeah. I am. You're not getting a Porsche," Ron said through laughter.

"You think that's funny?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, I think it's funny," Ron said.

"What's wrong with you?"

"A Lot of stuff is wrong with him sam," Casey said before Ron shot her a side glare.

"You think I'd really get you a Porsche? For your first car?" Ron asked.

"I don't want to talk to you for the rest of this whole thing," Sam told him.

"Oh, come on. It's just a practical joke," Ron said to his son.

"It's not a funny joke," Sam said.

"Oh look, we're here," Casey said hopping out of the vehicle to get away from the awkward conversation that she knew was bound to happen.

"Manny!" Someone shouted from the office.

"What?" A mechanic demanded as he came out of the garage.

"Get your cousin out of that damn clown suit. He's having a heat stroke again. Scaring white folks,"

"I'm hot. Makeup's melting. It hurts my eyes," the clown stayed as he continued to wave the sign dutifully.

"Here? No, no, no, what is this? You said- you said half a car, not half a piece of crap, dad," Sam complained as the family of three walked up to the office.

"Sam, Riley and I can fix it up for you so don't worry," Casey told her brother.

"That's not what I'm worried about. You ever seen a 40-year-old virgin?" Sam asked.

"Yeah," Ron nodded.

"Oh boy, Dad I'm going to go check out the lot, ok?" Casey told her dad.

"Ok sweetheart," Ron told her, "You were saying?" He then asked Sam.

"Okay, that's what this is. And this is the 50-year-old virgin," Sam continued as he gestured at two cars.

Casey took that as her cue to leave the two alone.

"Ah, okay," Ron nodded, unimpressed.

"You want me to live that life? Hmm?"

"No sacrifice-"

"Yeah, no victory."

"No victory," Ron finished.

Sam wasn't having it today, "You know, I got it. The old Witwicky motto, dad."

"Right," Ron agreed.

As the boys were talking Casey was looking at the cars when she stumbled upon two cars. One dream GMC Topkick C4500 pickup truck and a 1977 Chevy Camaro.

Sam ran over with Ron and another man following after.

"This ain't bad. This one's got racing stripes," Sam commented as he observed the car his sister was gesturing too.

"How much for the truck?" Casey asked the man.

"How much? What the heck is this? I don't know anything about this car. Manny!" Bobby shouted.

"What?" Manny demanded as he came out of the garage again with his hands in the air.

"What is this? This car! Check it out!" Bobby told him.

"I don't know, boss! I've never seen it! That's loco!" Manny replied.

"Don't go Ricky Ricardo on me, Manny! Find out!" Bobby demanded.

"$7,000 for the truck and $3,000 for the car," Casey told Bobby.

"Sounds reasonable," Ron shrugged.

"So deal or no deal?"

"No deal. $9,000 for the truck and $5,000 for the car," Bobby responded.

"The paint is faded on both," Casey said trying to reason with him.

"Y-yeah, but it's custom," Bobby argued.

"It's custom faded?" Sam questioned.

"Well, this is your first car. I wouldn't expect you to understand," Bobby told them.

"I bet I know more than you," Casey mumbled angrily.

"I'm not paying over four. Sorry," Ron spoke up.

"And I'm not paying over 8, so you're either gonna bring down the price or you got no buying from me," Casey said sternly.

Bobby ignored her, "Now, this one here for four Gs is a beaut."

"There's a Fiesta with racing stripes over there," Ron commented as Sam climbed out of the Camaro.

"No, I don't want a Fiesta with racing stripes," Sam complained.

"This is a classic engine right here. I sold a car the other day-" Bobby started to say before getting cut off by the Camaro's door hitting him."Geez. Holy cow," Ron said worriedly. 

"Geez. Holy cow," Ron said worriedly.

"No, no, no. No worries," Bobby reassured Ron.

"You alright?" Ron asked.

"I'll get a sledgehammer and knock this right out. Hey, hey, Manny! Get your clown cousin and get some hammers and come bang this stuff out, baby!" Bobby laughed.

'That will damage the car' Casey thought.
"Greater than man..." Casey could've sworn she heard someone say.
"That one's my favorite drove all the way from Alabama," Bobby said with pride in his voice.
"Go..."

"Cover your ears," Casey heard someone tell her and she did.
"Woah!" Bobby and Ron both said as all the windows shattered, well except those of the truck and car she and Sam had been looking at before.
"Four thousand for the car and 8 for the truck!" Bobby exclaimed, gasping for air.

"Deal!" Casey and Ron said in unison.