"I've been digging deeper, but the memories won't stop"

Frankie Wheeler walked up the front door of her family's home. She rang the bell but no one answered immediately. She let out a sigh and she could see her breath from the cold. Her aunt Karen answered the door and smiled when she saw her husbands niece.

"Frankie, hello, come in. You must be freezing." Karen pulled her inside.

Holly started to cry and Karen sighed before going to check on her. Frankie took the opportunity to go to her cousin Nancy's room. In the Hall, she saw her younger cousin, Mike's friend Dustin, standing outside her bedroom.

"Hey, Dustin," Frankie said in a soft voice.

"oh, h-hey Frankie." Dustin stuttered when he saw her.

"Where are you going?" She asked when she took notice of his backpack.

"H-home." He nervously scratched the back of his neck.

"Well, see you later then." She touched his cheek gently before knocking on Nancy's bedroom door.

"Dustin! I told you to leave me alone!" Nancy shouted from the other side of the door.

"Try again, Nance." Frankie smiled.

"Shit, I'll call you back later Barb, Frankie is here." Nancy hung up the phone before opening the door.

Frankie stepped into the bedroom and sat on her bed.

"Aw, just the person I wanted to talk to," Nancy said as she sat back down.

"What did you want to tell me?" Frankie asked as she played with one of Nancy's throw pillows.

"It's about Steve, has he been talking about me?" Nancy asked while playing with her hands.

"Oh, I forgot you two have a thing now. Yeah, he actually has, talking about this girl with the most amazing smile." Frankie told her.

"Really? All we've been really doing is kissing? And-" Frankie stopped her.

"Please. Spare me the details." Frankie put her hand up.

"Sorry, I forget that you guys have been best friends since like, ever. It must be weird."

"What?" Asked Frankie.

"Your best friend and your cousin?"

"Not really, I mean I've been seeing Conor recently so I haven't even had time to think about you two." Frankie threw the pillow in the air.

"You're seeing him again?" Nancy asked with sass.

"You sound like Steve." Frankie rolled her eyes.

"Well, he has a point. The last time you were with this guy he cheated on you and broke your heart. I just would hate to see you like that again. We all know you're too good for him." Nancy placed her hand over Frankie's.