"I've cried enough tears to see my own reflection in them"

She walked home, she didn't care how far it was, she was walking home. Despite the fact that she could barely see through her tears, despite the fact that she just wanted to crawl into a hole and be numb. She was heartbroken, was that really what he thought? Had he thought that in the back of his mind the whole time? That she was going to leave him for Steve? Jack was her rock, everything had been so much better since him and now he would be in New York.

She got home an hour later, completely exhausted. She opened the door and walked upstairs and straight to her room. She tore off her shirt, his shirt and threw it on the floor. She crawled into bed and eventually cried herself to sleep.

At around 8:30 she got a phone call.

"Frankie!" Chase Wheeler called from downstairs.

She sulked all the way to the living room and sat on the couch.

"Hello?" She asked into the receiver.

"Franny, what are you up to?" It was Billy Hargrove.

"What?" She shook her head. "No, Billy." She sighed.

"I didn't mean it like that but I am open to suggestions." She could practically see his smug face. "I finally finished my fears project."

"Billy, that was due almost two weeks ago."

"I know, he gave me an extension. I wanted you to see it, want your thoughts and opinions." He said calmly.

"Didn't know my opinion mattered so much," she bit her lip, about to say okay. "It's late."

"Of course it matters, Franny. You're an artist. It'll be quick, promise."

"Fine, hurry up." She groaned.

"Be there in 7." He hung up.

She went back upstairs and pulled a big crew neck on.

"Frankie?" It was Monica.

"Yeah?" She walked into her bedroom.

"Steve was parked outside for like an hour but he didn't come in? Are you guys fighting again?" Monica put a hand on her hip.

"I don't wanna really talk about it," she sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose, her eyes already filling with tears.

The doorbell.

"Be right back," Frankie sniffled and walked down the stairs to the front door.

There stood Billy Hargrove in his usual fashion, he was looking at the ground and then he chuckled.

"Nice slippers," he pointed to her bunny rabbit slippers.

"I'm really not in the mood tonight, Billy." She tapped her foot nervously. Why didn't he come in? Oh that's right, she yelled at him.

"You alright Franny?" He set his painting down on the floor but she didn't see it.

She started crying again and he stood there for a couple of seconds before reacting. He pulled her into a hug and squeezed her shoulders, she didn't stop him and just cried. He felt kind of bad, something was definitely going on with her and a small part of him wanted to help.