"I push out and you come right back"

Jack had picked her up a little early and now they were standing in the school parking lot, leaning against his car and just talking and gazing into each other's eyes.

"No baby, that's not the point I go with them every year. I'm not just ditching our tradition." She shook her head.

"And I can't come with?" Jack asked.

"I'll have to ask them, it's not gonna go easy." She sighed and put her chin on his chest.

Steve was in his car with Nancy, Frankie could barely make out what they were saying but it wasn't great.

"I'm calm, I'm calm..." She heard him snap.

"You aren't even listening to me." Jack sighed.

"Shh, I mean, just a minute." She said and he was about to open his mouth again but she looked at him and he shut his mouth.

"And if I took it, you know, I'd be around for your senior year." Frankie scoffed, seriously? "Just to look after you a little bit." They made eye contact and she quickly looked back at Jack.

"Nance, I'm serious." She heard them kiss and it was enough for her. "What were you saying?"

"That you-" Jack was cut off by a loud engine roaring into the parking lot. Frankie got off of Jack to look at the hot car that had pulled up next to them. A cute redhead about Monica's age got out from the passenger side and skated towards the middle school. The driver got out next, it was the guy from the party.

Another cigarette between his lips, he looked around and their eyes connected. He winked at her and walked towards the school, tossing the cigarette aside.

"Okay, I'll call you after practice." She kissed Jack's lips. "Miss you a ton."

"A whole week without my Cece, what am I going to do?" He smiled adoringly at her. "What are you going to do while I'm gone, huh? Promise you and Cami'll stay out of trouble?"

"You know that's all we do." Another chaste kiss.

"I'll be waiting to hear your voice." He said before handing her backpack.

Frankie got to her first class on time and was surprised to see Steve at his seat.

"Hey," Frankie said. "Don't start your shit, I know it was my idea but you're my bestie, even if you're an idiot." She broke into a smile.

"Whose idiot?" He asked with a stupid grin.

"Mine." She elbowed him.

"You see that new guy?" Steve asked with a face.

"How could I not?"

"No, not you too." He put his head on the desk.

"He's hot." She shrugged. "Real tan but I'm off the market so it doesn't matter." She smiled thinking of Jack.

"You going to the Halloween party?" Steve changed the subject.

"I don't know, Jack's gone all week and he's usually the driver." Frankie did want to go through.