Jayfeather x Rogue!Reader (1)

A/N: Hey guys! I apologize for not updating in so long. I've been logged into my main account here and completely forgot about this one, but i'm back! If you like the Angels of Death anime/game/manga, I just released a oneshot collection of that, so be sure to check it out! Anyways, I know a few of you wanted to see a Jayfeather oneshot, and I had a pretty good idea for this, so here it is! Also, this takes place after the battle with the darkforest and bramblestar's storm.

You padded quietly through the forest, the trees and leaves around you dripping from the recent rain; The sound was relaxing to your ears, and your (F/C) fur was sleek as you had just woken up and finished grooming your pelt. Around you, birds chirped as they fluttered around in the trees, and your stomach growled; the scent of prey made your mouth water, and you were glad to be out hunting instead of stuck in your den out of the rain.

It had been raining all day yesterday, and all night, until early this morning. It had made it impossible for you to hunt, even though prey was plentiful right now. Your senses weren't as sharp in the rain, and they prey had all seemed to take cover from the rain as well.

You slowed your pace, tasting the air. Almost immediately, you caught the scent of a squirrel, and you gazed around the surrounding forest, searching for the source of the smell. Finally, a ways away, you spotted the small brownish-red creature nibbling on a seed just below a large oak tree, sitting on one of its roots. You dropped into a crouch instinctively, easing your way towards it. You could hear the faint lapping of water, and you realized you must have wandered closer to the lake than you had originally thought.

As you neared your prey, you stopped, bunching your muscles, ready to leap. The small snap of a branch caused the squirrel to freeze, and in a moment, it darted away. Frustrated, you leaped after it and gave chase, leaping over the root it had been sitting on only heartbeats before. You darted around a tree, and without warning, you barreled into another cat, who gave a screech of anger.

Scrambling to your feet, you leaped back, the fur along your spine rising. "You ruined my hunt!" You hissed at the stranger, who was just getting to his own paws.

"Your hunt?" The skinny gray tabby tom growled, his deep blue eyes blazing. "You're on ThunderClan territory!"

You stared at the tom, realizing that you had indeed heard of the four clans that lived around the lake. You had never been this close to the lake, and to be honest, you hadn't believed in the stories until now.

You opened your mouth to respond, but the angry tom continued. "I'd suggest leaving, before you get your pelt ripped off." He growled.

"You can't just stop me from hunting." You objected, narrowing your eyes. "I-"

"Jayfeather!" Another voice sounded from the undergrowth behind the tom. "Who are you talking to?" Moments later, a brown tabby she-cat emerged from some bushes, her amber eyes widening as she looked at you.

"This dumb she-cat was hunting on our territory, and ran straight in to me." Jayfeather growled. His eyes glittered, and as you looked closer, you noticed something was off about his gaze. Is he blind?

"I'm sure she didn't know she was on our territory." The she-cat mewed, blinking. "But i'm surprised she didn't run into any patrols on our borders."

"Maybe you should tell Bramblestar to send out more border patrols to keep accidents like this from happening." Jayfeather snorted.

"Well, you should leave before a patrol catches you." The brown she-cat mewed. "Jayfeather, escort her to the border. I'll stay here and keep gathering herbs."

You opened your mouth to object, but you realized that if he didn't escort you, his so-called clanmates may find you and be much less understanding.

Jayfeather muttered something, before padding towards you. "Come on." He snapped as he passed you, and you turned to follow him.

The two of you walked in silence for a while, before your curiosity got the best of you. "Are you blind?" You suddenly blurted out.

"Yes." Jayfeather stated bluntly.

"And you're a warrior?" Your eyes widened in surprise. How could a blind cat learn to fight?

"I'm a medicine cat." He corrected you. "I heal cats, not fight them."

"That's really cool," You breathed, blinking at him. "Who was the other cat with you?"

"Leafpool. She's another medicine cat." He gave an uninterested reply, keeping his gaze forward.

You kept walking in silence, still amazed at the fact that a blind cat was part of the clans. Your pace slowed, and Jayfeather turned his head to look at you. "Are you coming?" He mewed. "I don't have all day."

You quickly padded to catch up to him. "What's it like living in a clan?"

"It's nice." He shrugged. "Each cat looks after each other, and protects everyone."

You imagined what he was talking about, enjoying the thought of living among other cats instead of being by yourself all the time.

The tom's mew caught you by surprise now. "Do you live with any other cats?" His tone had softened now.

"No," You admitted. "After I was born, when my siblings and I grew to be old enough to protect ourselves, our mother left, and my brother and sister went their own ways. My father left before we were kitted, so we never knew who he was."

"I'm sorry." Jayfeather muttered.

"What about your parents? Do you know them?" You asked cautiously, eyeing him.

"Leafpool is my mother, but we were raised by her sister, and our father was of a different clan." He mewed, his tone hardening once again. You guessed he didn't want to talk anymore about it, so you changed the subject.

"Well, I think it's amazing that you can heal cats." You purred, earning an ear twitch from the medicine cat. He didn't say anything, but from his expression, you could tell he was a bit flustered.

"Our border is up here." Jayfeather mewed. "How far from here do you live?"

"A good ways," You mewed, sighing. You dreaded going back only to be alone once again. "I didn't think I had come this far when I started hunting."

"I can travel with you." Jayfeather meowed, taking you by surprise.

"Shouldn't you be getting back to Leafpool?"

"She can wait. I need a break from her yapping anyways." He snorted. "Lead the way."

As you two traveled, you didn't speak much more. It wasn't an awful long time before you reached your den; A fallen log lay across a small ditch, which you had made into a nest beneath it. "This is it." You mewed, before explaining to him what it looked like.

"This isn't much of a den." Jayfeather muttered.

"I'll be fine from here." You purred softly, touching your nose to his cheek. "Thank you for the company."

Jayfeather blinked, becoming a bit flustered once again. "No problem." He turned to leave, his fur brushing yours as he passed. "If you don't mind, I may come back to visit you."

You stared at him in surprise, before giving a soft purr. "I'd love that." Your stomach seemed to flutter as he gave you one last glance, before disappearing into the undergrowth.

A/N: Okay so I wanted to make this two parts, so be looking for the next update! I hope you enjoyed <3