~ Chapter 1 ~

"So, we need to get Lumiere onto that right away." I said. I was with Ben in his office, discussing cotillion, when there was a knock on the mahogany door.
"Come in." Ben called. It was Evie. "Evie. What can I do for you?"
"Ben." Evie sounded on the verge of tears. I looked at back at Ben questioningly. "Mal's gone."
"What?" Ben and I asked in unison. I couldn't believe it. Mal, Ben's girlfriend, the future lady, ran away from Aurodon? Evie came over to us and handed Ben a note. He muttered the message quietly and I grabbed a hold of Evie's hand and squeezed it gently.
"Ben." Evie gave Ben his promise ring to him. The one he gave Mal. Ben grabbed it and held it in between his thumb and second finger.
"This is my fault. I blew it." He said.
"Ben." I said.
"No Arianna. You don't get it. She was under so much pressure and instead of being understanding, I went all beast on her!" Ben walked away from us and looked out his window with the Isle in view. I looked helplessly at Evie, so sad that I couldn't help either of my friends. "I have to find her." He suddenly said, turning back to face us. "I have to find her and beg her to come back."
"Ben, you can't! You don't know the Isle, and how it works." Evie argued. "You have to take me with you."
"Um yeah. I mean, if you want." Ben says.
"Me too. I want to go too." I say. Evie nods her head. It's been my dream to go to the Isle of the Lost ever since I was little. I was able to see it from my parents' palace and would fantasise going over and exploring every inch of the island. Of course, whenever I would bring up the subject, my parents would brush it off or ignore me. And all my fellow classmates never saw the interest in the land over the ocean, rather they feared if. I would dream of sneaking off at night to go over there, kind of like Mal. But I never did. Maybe this is a once-in-a-life-time opportunity that I can't miss.
"We'll bring the boys too because they're safety in numbers, none of us are too popular over there at the moment." Evie said. Ben nodded his head. "Ben. You have to promise me something."
"Yeah what is it?" Ben asked.
"You have to promise that neither Arianna or I will get stuck over their." Evie says.
"I promise." Ben says.
"Thank you." Evie says. "And there is no way your going dressed like that. You too, Ari."
I looked at my teal satin skirt, pale purple sweater with my bejewelled collar and heels and smiled.

Jay, Carlos, Ben and Evie came to my dorm later that night. I was wearing a plum coloured off the shoulder top, a dark green corduroy mini skirt with gold buttons going all the way down the middle, black tights and black heeled combat boots. I had a black leather jacket with gold studs, zips, shells and small stars on the collar of my jacket and the heels of my shoes. I had green fingerless leather gloves on my hands, also with golden shells and golden bangles on my wrists. I had a thick black belt on my waist and a dark green velvet choker on my neck. My hair was left in its natural waves identical to my mothers.
"Arianna! Let's go!" Evie ushered me out of my dorm, careful not to wake up a sleeping Lonnie. We creeped out of the building and raced down the stairs.
"Jay! Keys, remote." Carlos tossed the keys and remote to Jay, who unlocked the limo that was parked right outside the dorms.
"Wait!" Evie cried. "Something's not right." She quickly pulled Ben's blue beanie further down over his hair and pulled my jacket over my other clothes a bit more. I smiled at her and Ben laughed. "There." Evie said satisfied. Jay jumped in the drivers side and Evie sat in the passenger seat. I sat in between Carlos and Ben.
"Jay, when we get there, pull into the old garage under the pier." Ordered Evie.
"Okay." Said Jay. We pulled out of Aurodon Prep and towards the Isle. Here we go! I think. Jay presses the remote button and we go over the water. We pass through the barrier and I am suddenly excited. This is it. My dream. Jay parks in the garage and we all pile out. All I want to do is start exploring ever nook and cranny, but I have to stick with the others.
"Ben, Arianna. Help me with the tarp." Carlos says. Ben and I follow Carlos over to a pile of tarp and pull out a sheet. "Jay."
"Yeah." Jay grabs a hold of one end and Evie takes the other. They cover one part of the limo. I notice a large pipe that could easily fit a human through. While Ben and Carlos grab more sheets of tarp, I start snooping around.
"Hey, what's in here?" I ask.
"Arianna!" Carlos says, grabbing my hand and pulling me away. I look at him confused.
"What?" I ask.
"You don't want to know." Jay says. What's that supposed to mean? I take one more look over my shoulder before Jay leads me away from the pipe.
"Hey guys. Keep it chill. The last thing we need is our parents knowing that we're back, yeah?" Carlos says. I almost forgot that their parents still live here. It made me shudder a little. I followed behind Jay as Carlos lead us down the dark streets. I suddenly heard a shout behind me.
"Hey! Stop! Give that back. I said give it back!" Evie yelled. I turned around, about to go help her, when Jay grabbed my arm and pushed me behind him. Evie's purse was in the grasp of a young boys hand. The thief! How dare he!?
"Go on, take it." I barely hear Evie whisper out the sentence. I stand with my mouth open. She let's go of her purse. The little boy grins and runs off laughing with his friend. Evie looks out after him and then turns around.
"Come on Arianna." She puts an arm around my shoulder and we keep walking. We find ourselves in front of a shop, where Ben has tried to introduce himself to an angry looking villain.
"Ben!" Carlos shouts. Carlos pulls Ben back and gets in the guys face, who backs down. Jay tries to calm Carlos down while Evie pulls Ben aside.
"What are you doing? This isn't a parade, it's the Isle!" She hisses.
"Keep your hands in your pockets unless your stealing." Jay says.
"And either slouch or strut." Carlos adds.
"And never ever smile." Evie says.
"Okay, than--"
"No! No thank you's and drop the please too. Just... chill." Evie puts her hands on her hips.

We ended up at the end of yet another dreary alleyway. That's when Ben and I bumped into a tall burly man with blond hair.
"Hey watch it man!" He says. Evie, Jay and Carlos were right behind us. "Hey I know you." He says to Ben.
"No, don't know you either man." The boy looks at Ben confused.
"Really? Come on man. Hang on, I'll give you a hint. My Dad is quick, slick, and his neck, is awfully thick!" He says. I look at Evie, who is pretending to think about who this boy is, although surely she already knows, along with the guys. That's when the boy points at a poster.  We turn around and see it has Ben and Mal on it, only Mal's face has been painted out. The boy points his finger back at Ben and we turn back and forth between the poster and Ben's face.
"Oh! You're King Ben!" Says the boy. Oh no.
"Ah, no, no I'm not." Ben stutters.
"Yeah you totally are King Ben. And that's... Evie, Jay, Carlos. Hey you guys!" Evie has grabbed Ben's arm and Carlos and Jay grab mine. We race down the alleyway in a hurry.
"What's going on?" I ask.
"Just keep going!" Says Jay. I had a feeling something bad was going to happen.

~
~
~

This is Arianna
(The photo above the chapter wasn't working)

This is Arianna(The photo above the chapter wasn't working)