~ Chapter 3 ~

After we dispersed, I sneaked around Pirates bay, looking around at the various market stalls and food shops, including Ursula's Fish & Chips, which I avoided, remembering Evie and Jay telling me that this is the place that Mal went to last night to face off against Uma, whom I haven't met yet, but assumed I would. According to Evie, Mal and Uma have a pretty rough history. Mal and Uma used to be best friends, causing havoc and installing fear into the hearts of their fellow villains. They were as close as Evie and Mal are now. But, when Mal started to date Harry, Uma got jealous of their relationship, and her and Mal had a huge argument over it, leading to them becoming rivals. This was also how Uma got her nickname, Shrimpy. Mal got a new best friend in Evie, and broke up with Harry. He had a broken heart, left as a broken man. His only choice was to team up with Uma in order to get their revenge on her. That's when Mal and Evie teamed up with Jay and Carlos, and the rest is history.

I was walking down one of the more quiet piers in order to remain inconspicuous. I took off my jacket and boots and dipped my toes in, then my legs and soon my whole waist was submerged in murky black water. I could feel my legs changing into a teal blue tail, with shimmering scales and yellow tips. My green skirt and black tights vanished and my plum purple top had changed into a bikini top. I quickly swam down and plucked some seaweed from the ocean floor. It felt so good to go swimming again, I realised how much I missed it. Using the seaweed, I tied my jacket and boots up underneath the pier so they could stay dry and hidden away from snooping eyes. I quickly dived under the surface and swam around to Uma's ship. I had seen the blonde boy that we ran into yesterday on board and knew that it was the one. Looking up at the ship, it wasn't much bigger then the ship wreck near Mermaid Cove at our palace. It looked old too, with rotting wooden panels and brittle masts. I saw a gap near the front of the ship. If I could get a big enough jump, I could hold onto the side and spy from there. I dive down under the choppy waves and do U turn. I speed up, swimming as fast as I can. And then I jump. The speed of my swimming pushed me into the air. I grabbed a hold of the ledge and watched the legs walk past me. And then I saw Ben. He was tied to the mast with rope and Harry Hook leaning on him.
"How does it feel to be a king now, eh?" He asked Ben. Ben didn't answer.
"Give it a rest, Harry. We don't want to damage the goods." A girl with teal braids and caramel skin said. She had a purple mesh top and a teal and brown skirt that swayed with every step. She had a large pirates hat on her head and a teal sleeveless jacket on. Her boots clicked on the wood as she made her way over and sat down in front of Ben.
"You said that I could hook him!" Yelled Harry. His volume shocked me, but the girl with braids seemed unfazed by it.
"I said at noon." Said the girl. Harry grumbled and got out his pocket watch.
"19 more minutes left now." He said to Ben.
"Go." The girl ordered. Harry put his hand roughly of Ben's shoulder and walked away from the pair. The girl and Ben were alone at last.
"I get that you don't deserve this." Ben says. The girl laughs, a wicked smile spreading across her face.
"This." She says. "This island is a prison, thanks to your father."
"And don't pretend to look out for me. Cause no one is looking out for me. There's just me." She says sadly.
"What so this isn't your mom's plan?" Ben asks. I could see where he was coming from, with Mal and all. The girl scoffed. "Isn't that her necklace?"
"My mom doesn't care about me either. Well, unless she needs someone to do the night shift." The girl says.
"Ouch." Ben says.
"I don't need your pity." The girl says.
"No you certainly do not. You're very resourceful." Ben agrees. "I don't see you tied up." The girl laughs and stands up.
"Alright. So let's trash-talk Mal." She says.
"I-I'd rather talk about you." Says Ben. He was getting nervous.
"Mm. Plenty and a gentlemen. I really hope I don't have to feed you to the fishes." The girl turns away from him.
"You don't!" Ben says, seeing his opportunity to persuade himself out of this mess. "Set me free. And we'll go back together." The girl turns around.
"Oh so now I get an invite?" She asks. "Gee I wonder why..." the girl walks back up into Ben's face. No one has noticed me yet. The girl puts one hand beside Ben's head and lowers her voice. "When you bought Mal, Evie, Carlos and Jay to Aurodon. That's as mad as I have ever been in my life. And trust me, I've been plenty mad." The girl pats Ben's check and turns around.
"I never thought of it like that before, how I could have hurt the people that I didn't pick. The plan was to start with 4 kids and bring more over. I guess I was busy being king... that sounds lame." Ben says. The girl faces Ben with a frown on her face. "I'm so sorry." Ben says. "You're a leader Uma. So am I." That was Uma? No wonder she was so mad that Mal was picked over her. "Come to Aurodon. Be part of the solution."
"Me? Part of your solution." Ben looked hopeful as she walked up to him. "Nah. I don't need you. I'm gonna get there on my own." Ben's face fell. Uma picked up her mothers necklace. "Let's see what this puppy can do." She walked away from Ben and started to order her crew about. Careful not to be noticed, I shuffled my hands and moved closer to Uma. She was talking to Harry.
"...plank so Mal can see him." Said Uma.
"I never get to have any fun." Said Harry. "You said I could hook him!"
"And you will." Said Uma. "When I get my hands on Mal and her pathetic group, you can hook every single one of them, except for Mal of course." Said Uma. Harry grinned. Uma dismissed him and I heard his boots clicking over towards the ships side. Rights where I was. I let go of the ledge. But before I could fall, someone grabbed my arm.
"You slimy fish. And to think that you were all innocent, Arianna." Harry hoisted me up and noticed my tail. "I was right, you're Ariel and Eric's kid aren't you?"
"How could you tell?" I asked. He rolled his eyes and carried me bridal style to Uma.
"What is this?" Asked Uma.
"Would you believe me if I said I found her clinging to the ship, spying on us. This is Ariel's daughter Arianna." Said Harry. Uma laughed.
"Do you know who I am?" Asked Uma.
"You're Uma." I said.
"Do you know who my mother is?" I shook my head no. "Ursula." I met her brown eyes in shock. Oh no. Oh no no no no no. Uma laughed.
"Take her away Harry. I want Mal to see her when she comes, keep her tied up with Beasty Boy." Harry walked close to the edge and I tried to wriggle out of his grasp and into the sea. But that only made Harry hold onto me tighter and I yelped in pain.
"Arianna? What are you doing here?" Asked Ben.
"I'm sorry." Is all I say. Harry dumps me on the ground with a loud thud. "Do you know how delicate a mermaids tail is? The way you are treating it, there will be millions of bruises on my scales." She said, annoyed at Harry.
"I wouldn't be worried about a few bruises. I think you have bigger problems then that, for example, a tail." Said Harry. Little did he know that half an hour after being out of water, this tail will vanish. He tied my hands behind my back and then someone threw a rope net down from above. Harry pulled it over my head and tied the bottom of it up. He threaded another rope through the top and threw one end up where the net came from. The net was hoisted into the air and it swayed dangerously in the wind.
"There." Harry seemed satisfied. He pulled at my wet hair with his hook. I didn't dare move. "I could hurt you."
"But you won't." I say, a tad unsure. His jaw clenches and he moves his hook just under my chin, the point of it stabbing into my flesh.
"Don't underestimate me. You have no idea of what I'm capable of." Says Harry. I gulp.
"Harry!" Uma yelled.
"See you soon, princess." And Harry walks off after Uma. What have I done?

~
~
~