~ Chapter 10 ~

Uma is wearing a teal green dress with the skirt starting one quarter down her thighs. The bodice is green with golden shells and stars on it and a has a lace halter top. The sleeves are short and have golden tassels coming off them. The skirt is made up of ruffles of green and white fabric and has golden sea shells and stars on it. She is wearing brown leather fingerless gloves with stars and shells and her hair is pulled up in a sleek ballerina bun. I can noticeably see her mothers necklace around her neck but I don't worry about it when my eyes land on Harry. He grins at me and comes down the stairs with Uma, sweeping me in a hug. He is wearing a black suit with his ripped white tank and black and red shorts. He has black and red boots and his trademark hook on his hand.
"How did you get here?" I ask.
"Mal left something behind." Harry said. I let go of him and looked at him quizzically. Then I looked at what was going down between Uma, Ben and Mal. I saw Ben take Uma's hand and kiss it. Mal's mouth was wide open in shock.
"I'm sorry it all happened so fast. Something happened to me while I was on the Isle with Uma. A connection." Ben looked at Uma and she grinned back.
"What are you saying?" Mal asked.
"I'm saying that--"
"It was love." Uma cut Ben off. "It was. I just...I just realised how alike Ben and I are, you know?"
"We are." Ben said. "You're beautiful." Uma smiled and giggled at him and Ben smiled. His eyes were transfixed on Uma.
"Ben." Mal said. "Ben!" Uma and Ben looked at her. "Did you go back for her?"
"He didn't have to." Uma said. "I dove through the barrier before it closed, and I'm an excellent swimmer."
"You are."
"Thank you."
"But what about Harry?" Mal asked looking at him and I.
"I took my boat out." Harry said.
"You rowed here?" I asked. Harry nodded. Mal turned back to Ben and Uma with tears in her eyes.
"Listen, Mal." She took Mal's hands and Mal took a small step back. "I just wanted to thank you. I do. For everything." And then she hugged her. Mal let out a shakey breath. "Thank you so much." Uma let go of Mal and laughed.
"Don't you see Mal? You were right! You always knew that we were never meant o be together, that's why you never told me that you loved me." Ben said. Mal was gobsmacked. Ben let go of her hand and he and Uma started to dance. Everyone stood there awkwardly. We all stood beside Mal.
"Not too thrilled I risked my life for him." Carlos loudly complained. He put an arm around Mal and she rested her head on his shoulder. She held onto his and Evie's hands and Lonnie came up beside her.
"We're with you Mal." She said. Jay came up beside her.
"Come on, let's get out of here." He said. Mal nodded and Jay put and arm around her and lead her away. We followed them and started to go up the stairs. Harry grabbed my hand before I could follow them.
"Please Harry." I said. I gave him a quick kiss and followed them up the stairs.
"Mal!" Beast said.
"We're so sorry, love. We had no idea." Belle said.
"I'm going to talk to him." Mal rushed away quickly up the stairs and I put and arm around her with Evie. She wiped away her tears and kept going.
"Lumiere quick! Unveil the gift! They need to see it!" Jane said, trying to stop us from leaving.
"Oh! And now, for the unveiling of King Ben's masterpiece! A gift for his lady!" Lumiere announced. Two guards let down a blue covering and revealed a beautiful painting of him and Mal. Mal was wearing a purple gown and had her purple hair the way it was styled before going blonde. Her eyes were a blazing green and Ben looked up at her like she was the only thing in the world. Everyone gasped in amazement. Mal gasped.
"He did that?" She asked.
"Yep." I said.
"He did." Evie said. Mal laughed a little. She started to walk down the stairs.
"Ben's know what I was all along." Mal said.
"He loves the real you." Evie said.
"True love." Mal said.
"Yeah." I said.
"Told you." Carlos said and we laughed. Uma scowled and Harry grabbed me.
"Cover that back up!" She screamed.
"I will not!" Lumiere shouted.
"Uh.. I mean..." Uma stuttered. "Why don't you tell everyone what gift you have for me, Ben?"
"I have an announcement." Ben says. "Tonight, Uma will join the court as my lady."
"Son, please." Beast said.
"Not now Dad!" Ben yelled. He calmed himself down before continuing. "So as my gift to her, I am bringing down the barrier once and for all." Everyone gasped.
"Ben's been spelled." Mal says suddenly.
"Harry?" I asked.
"Arianna, we have to go." He says.
"No, wait." I said.
"Fairy Godmother, take down the barrier." Ben said.
"I most certainly will not." She says.
"I am your king!" Ben shouts.
"Obey him." Uma says. She grabs his hands as a chorus of shouts go out. "Ben, look at me."
"Arianna we need to leave now." Harry says.
"Harry, I can't." I say. Mal walks over to Uma.
"Ben." She says. "Ben. Look at me."
"No, look at me. You love me, remember." Uma says.
"No you don't, Ben." Mal says.
"Yes you do." Uma says.
"Ben. Look at me." Mal says.
"Bring down the barrier now!" Uma shouts.
"I do not take orders from you!" Fairy Godmother shouts.
"Ben." Uma says.
"Ben. I never told you that I love you because I thought I wasn't good enough for you." Mal says.
"And I thought that it was only a matter of time before you would see that. But Ben, that's me." She said gesturing to the painting. "I'm part Isle and part Aurodon."
"Ben, eyes on me." Uma said.
"And Ben, you always knew who we were and who we can be."
"Don't listen to her."
"Ben, I know what love feels like now." Mal says. She smiles. "Ben, of course I love you. I've always loved you." And then she leans in and kisses Ben. Everyone cooes and Uma scowls. Harry looks at her with concern.
"Harry." I say. He looks at me and then at Uma. He goes off running to Fairy Godmother.
"Give it to me!" He shouts. Fairy Godmother screams.
"Guards seize them!" She screams.
"No!" I scream. Everything turns into chaos. "Wait!" Uma and Harry run to the railing in a panic and Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos, Ben and I rush over to them.
"Stop! Stop! Please stop!" Mal says to the crowd.
"Uma I know you." Uma stops and looks at her.
"Harry please don't do this." I say. Tears are prickling my eyes.
"Uma, you are so much more then just a villain. And you have to believe me because I've been there." Mal says.
"Harry I love you." I say. "Don't let your pride get in the way of something that you really want." Everyone is quiet.
"I love you too Arianna." Harry steps forward towards me.
"Harry." Uma hisses.
"I choose good." He says. I laugh and start to cry. Harry kisses me and then we look at Uma.
"Uma." Harry says. She looks at each of us and then her necklace starts to glow. She smiles and turns around and jumps into the ocean.
"No!" We all shout.
"Uma!" I say. Everyone rushes to the edge of the boat and watches as Uma slowly transforms into a sea witch. A whirlpool of water slowly gets bigger and bigger and then explodes into a massive wave, spraying the entire ship and everyone in it. Everyone screams in fear and gets soaking wet. Uma starts to laugh and arises from the ocean. Everyone races back to the edge of the ship.
"True loves kiss won't defeat this." Uma laughs. "The world will know my name!" She whips her tentacles towards us and he ship starts to rock dangerously. Everyone screams and ducks away from the tentacle. Harry puts his arms around me and I cling to him. Mal walks away from the crowd and her eyes start to turn green.
"Mal?" Ben asks. Uma puts her hands on her hips as a purple haze of smoke appears and Mal turns into a dragon. Uma laughs and puts her arms in the air. Mal breathes fire and swoops down on Uma, who tries to hit her with her tentacles.
"Come on Mal! Let's finish this once and for all!" Uma yells. Mal swoops on her again while breathing fire and Uma ducks and dodges the blaze. Uma tried to hit her again and Mal circles around. The crowd dodges Mal and everyone looks at the fight in disbelief. Mal shoots a fireball at Uma, who goes underwater to dodge the attack. Uma comes back up to the surface and sends a tidal wave to the boat.
"Watch out!" Ben shouts, as everyone retreats from the wave. The boat rocks from side to side and people fall over from the rocks. Harry holds me up as people cling to each other. Ben rushes back to the railing and roars. He takes off his jacket and crown and then dives over the railing.
"Wait, Ben. No!" Carlos shouts as he dives into the water.
"Ben!" Carlos, Jay, Evie, Beast and Belle shout.
"Mal Uma! Stop! The fighting has to stop!" He says getting in the middle of them.
"What are you gonna do Ben? Splash me?" Uma mocks and Mal screeches at her.
"That's enough! This has to stop, fighting isn't the answer. Nobody wins this way. We have to listen and respect each other." Ben says. "It won't be easy, but let's be brave enough to try."
"Uma, I know you want what is best for he Isle. Help me make a difference." Ben holds his hand out for Uma to take. She doesn't move and Mal screeches and roars at her. Uma lifts a single tentacle, but instead of taking Ben's hand, she gives him his ring. Ben looks up at her and Uma gives them a small smile. She goes under the surface and swims away back to the Isle. Ben looks out after her and then starts to swim back towards the boat. Carlos and Jay lower down a ladder and Ben starts to climb up. When he gets to the top people start to cheer and pat him on the back. He looks at Mal, who has landed back on the boat and the purple haze comes back. Mal's hair is now in curls and her dress has turned to the purple and green one like in the painting. Her cape has a few tears in it and she is patting the dress down to stop the smouldering smoke and flames. When she looks up she smiles and laughs. She curtsies towards Ben and he returns it. Then she gathers up her skirts and comes down the stairs with two guards accompanying her while everyone claps. Evie comes up to greet her.
"So, did not know I could do that." Mal says.
"That makes two of us." Evie replies. She then blows on her dress and takes her hand.
"Shall we?" She asks.
"We shall." Mal says and they go down to Ben and the rest of us.
"Hi." She says. Ben smiles and Evie let's go of her hand. The two look at each other and then kiss.
"Alright alright alright alright," Carlos says, pulling Ben back and everyone laughs.
"I owe you guys so much." Ben says.
"Yeah." Says Evie and Doug and everyone laughs.
"You got that right." I say.
"Just a little bit." Evie says.
"If there is anything I can do for you." Ben says.
"Um, actually." I say, stepping forward. "There is one thing."
"Yeah, I have something too." Evie says. I smile at her.
"We decided on something together." I say.
"There are lots of kids just like us that would love it here in Aurodon, kids who deserve a second chance. I know a girl who would adore it here, Drisella's daughter Dizzy?" Evie said.
"Could we maybe get you a list? And maybe bring some over?" I ask.
"Yeah! Absolutely! Come see me later, we'll work it out then." Ben says.
"Thank you." I say and Evie and I smile. Everyone claps and cheers.
"Lady Mal. We found your spell book below deck, Uma had it." A guards men said.
"Oh. Hmm. You know, I think this old thing belongs in the hands of Fairy Godmother. Fairy Godmother!" Mal says.
"Yes, that's me, thank you." Fairy Godmother says.
"This belongs in the museum." Mal says.
"Yes it does, and I'm gonna take it," Fairy Godmother says, taking the spell book.
"Go for it." Mal says. Everyone laughs and Fairy Godmother disappears. "I'm not going to be needing it anymore." Ben smiles at her. Mal lifts up her skirts and splashes Ben with the remaining water on deck. She laughs and Ben splashes her back. Everyone laughs and I look at Harry.
"I'm glad you're here." I say.
"Me too. He replies. Everyone is clapping and cheering and Harry pulls me in close as Ben and Mal kiss. Harry brings my con up to him and kisses me.
"I love you." He whispers.
"I love you too." I say.

It was a perfect way to end a perfect night.

~
~
~