~ Chapter 6 ~

Days passed. I don't know how long I've been here but surely someone in Aurodon has noticed my disappearing act. I missed them all more and more each day. Uma made Harry move me to a different room on her ship, which is just as unpleasant as my old room, only this one actually has windows. My injuries were a little better. Bruises had faded and scratches have scarred or faded. Uma hasn't seen me again. In fact, the only visitor I've had is Harry. He brings me food and water. He brings me ice packs and he also ties me up. I have raw flesh on my ankles and wrists from the ropes rubbing in my sleep. I sighed. I wish he would stop tying me. But I don't protest, I'm too afraid of Uma. I like Harry. He's been different ever since Uma's little encounter. He's been more caring, even loving. I don't understand this feeling, I should hate him! Be afraid! After all, he kidnapped me and kept me here for days so that no one could find me. But I think that something has changed. And I believe something is there that wasn't there before...
That's when the door opened. Harry and Uma stood in the doorway and my eyes widened as I realised the chaos outside. I was too wound up in my own thoughts to hear the shouts outside my room.
"Take her to the brig. They won't find her there." Uma orders.
"You know I can't do that." Harry says.
"Are you defying your captain?" Uma asks.
"Of course not." Harry said. Uma smirks.
"Then take her to the brig." Uma orders. "Or I'll do it myself." Harry shakes his head.
"I'll do it." He says.
"Good." Uma leaves and Harry steps inside, locking the door. He walks over to me and cuts me loose. I run my wrists in pain.
"Harry what's going on?" I ask.
"Ambush. Looks like your little friends did pull through." He replied. I cover my mouth in astonishment. They're here! They're really here! Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos. They're here!
"They're here?!" I ask. "I have to see them!"
"No!" Harry yelled facing me. "Arianna if they get you back, we lose the advantage. You're our only hope of being free." Harry said.
"I hardly think that you deserve freedom by keeping me from it. Don't you think that the right thing to do would be to let me go?" I ask. "You've kept me locked away in here for days, tied me, beat me, kept me away from my friends and family." I am on the verge of tears. "Let me go talk to them."
"Arianna, I'm a villain." He says. He gestures outside. "We're villains. We don't do the right thing."
"It's never too late to change that. We can be free together, if you just let me go. Harry, come on." I plead. Harry looks like he's about to agree.
"I'm sorry." Harry said. The shock of his answer makes my tears start to fall and Harry put his sword down and picks me up. I struggled and screamed.
"Harry put me down!" I cry. His hook was pressing into my arm making me yelp in pain.
"Arianna don't make this harder then it already is." He chokes. I think I feel his own tears drip down on my skin, but the thought of Harry crying seems so absurd that I push the thought away. He was a villain after all, he said it himself. We went down the the bottom of the ship where there was no light. There were two doors with a criss-cross pattern on the floor. Harry opened them up and I was lowered down into the dark. Harry closed the doors and locked them.
"Harry please." I said. He didn't say anything and left me. There was noting I could do. I was trapped. I leaned against one rotten wall, listening to the mice scurrying around, and cried. The tears came down like waves crashing against the rocks near my home. But no one could hear me.

After a while the tears stopped falling and I sat in the eerie silence. I decided to investigate the brig. It was dark so I couldn't see much. What I could tell was that it wasn't too big and there were large crates and coils of rope. The timber was rotten and there was mould growing in every corner. It smelt awful, like there were dead carcasses hiding away. I stood up and took a step forward. And then another. I took one more step before running into a crate. The crate looked rotten too, and I could hear mice squeaking in fear. They started to run around my feet and a light bulb went off in my head. The mice were inside the crate. That means the timber is rotten enough to break through. It's a long shot, but I have to escape. I run my fingers along the wooden wall to find a soft spot. Along the bottom is where the timber is most rotten. I stand up and kick the wall as hard as I can. I can't tell if it made a difference or not. I kick it again and again. I can vaguely smell the sea air and the scent of it makes me feel more trapped and more desperate to escape. I kick harder, grunting with effort. The smell is getting stronger. And finally I can see again. There is light. I can see the harbour and the waves. I can smell the ocean and feel the breeze. Now is my chance. I look down. The choppy waves are below me and I know that if I jump now, I will have to hope that someone is there to meet me. I don't know if the risk is worth my freedom, because if I don't have legs I can't run away. Or escape. I turn back to he crates in desperation, hoping that there might be something to stop my legs from turning. But there are only ropes and canvas. I'm running out of options.
"Arianna?" Harry. I can hear his footsteps approaching. I have one shot. I look out to he sea and pray someone is there. And I jump.

~
~
~