~ Chapter 8 ~

"Cora! Cora! Someone's here!" Hayden ran inside. Cora turned around to face him.
"I think I know exactly who that is." She turned back to me. "Put her in the back room." Even though I have been here for a few hours, Cora sure knew how to work fast. Finn and Hayden lifted the chair, grunting a little with effort, and moved it to the back room. The back room was dark, almost as dark as the brig. Hayden and Finn dropped me roughly in the middle of the room and stood outside the door. It was a heavy door, with a small window and several locks. Even if I could get out of the seat, which was an impossible task in itself, there was no way I could open the door. And there is no rotten timber in this room to break through. I could hardly concentrate. My head hurt from Finn and Hayden and I didn't want to go into too much detail on what they had done. Let's just say that I have never experienced so much pain in such little time. I could hardly hear the shouts from outside, but a familiar Scottish accent rang out over all of the voices and I knew instantly that he had come. I hope that the others were here too. Then I could hear the shouts of Finn and Hayden mixed in what sounded like Carlos and Jay. I heard a high pitched scream and Harry's mad cries outside, but they sounded further away then those of Jay, Carlos, Hayden and Finn. After a couple of minutes, I could hear the locks clicking and the door swung open. It was Jay, Carlos and Harry. He must of found Jay and Carlos. Harry sprinted up to me and took off the rope and untied me, while Jay and Carlos ripped the tape from my skin. When I was free, I gave them all a hug and cried.
"You found me." I said into Harry's chest.
"Did you ever doubt we would?" He asked back.
"What happened to them? Where's Cora? And Finn and Hayden?" I asked.
"We took care of it. Now come on. It's time you went back to Aurodon." Harry said. A pang of sadness hit my chest like a wrecking ball.
"Oh." I say.
"Is something wrong?" Asks Carlos.
"No, no. Everything is perfect." I say. I look at Harry and he raises an eyebrow. I turn away and we go to the main room. Believe it or not, I think I'm falling in love with this place. Or rather... no. Impossible, he would never love me back. I hold onto Harry for support since I've been sitting down for hours and my muscles were stiff. I saw Evie, Mal, Uma and Gil and gave them hugs too, though Mal and Uma didn't seem so affectionate. When we get back outside, we stand in an awkward cluster. I am grasping onto Harry's arm for dear life and everything runs through my mind at once. I think about what Harry said about him being free. And he's right. Everyone here deserves freedom, it's exactly what Ben wanted when he bought the four delinquents over in the first place. An idea is brewing in my head.
"Well." Mal interrupts. "We really should be going."
"So should we." Uma replies. "Take the mermaid too, Gil."
"Hey! You just rescued her, she's been here for days. It's time she comes home." Mal argues.
"She's right Uma." Harry says. Uma looks like she's about to disagree but then sighs.
"Fine. We wouldn't want Ariel and Eric coming here anyway." She says. I laugh.
"Thank you, Uma." I say, and she gives a curt nod back and a small smile. I smile back at her.
"Come on Gil, Harry." Uma said and strode off with Gil following at her heels. Harry seems reluctant to go.
"Thank you Harry." I said and he looks down at me and smiles. Not a smirk, or a fake smile, a genuine, loving smile. And I am certain there and then, that the son of Hook has captured my heart. I let go of him and hold onto a nearby pole for support. Harry turns to walk away and before he leaves, he turns around, cups my face. And kisses me. It was one of the sweetest moments of my life and I am too caught up in the moment to care about the others around me. As Harry breaks away, he smiles and brushes me face.
"I'll see you soon." Harry says, and runs off to join Uma. I smile and turn back to the VK's who all have gaping mouths except for Evie, who is beaming from ear to ear. We go back to the garage under the pier and get in the limo. Jay takes us all home and I can say it's been one of the greatest adventures of my life.

~
~
~