~ Chapter 7 • part 2 ~

HARRY'S POV:

"Well that shouldn't be too hard." I tell Jay as he scowls at me. I pull out my sword and start to fight him. I wasn't leaving without Arianna, and neither was he, apparently.
"Wait, no!" Arianna cries as my sword clashes with Jay's. We spin and fight, only caught up in the moment. It is only when I have Jay pinned up against a part of the rotten railing that I notice something is wrong.
"It's over Jay. Let Arianna go, or you die right here, right now." I spit.
"Do it." Jay hisses. "Kill me, and live up to your father's name." I smirk and put my blade to his neck. I expect to hear her scream, or even try to stop me. But nothing comes. I look over in Arianna's direction. But she isn't there. She can't have gone far.
"Where is she?" I whisper. Jay looks over in my direction and he pushes me back, standing straight.
"Arianna?!" He calls out. "Arianna!" I fall on my knees and my look to the sky. My life before her was bleak, and when she came it was like finding a rare jewel under the sea. The most beautiful jewel in the world. Irreplaceable. Exquisite. Perfect. But now she's gone. And there's nothing I can do but mourn.

"If you hadn't of just taken her, none of this would have happened!" Mal screamed. We were in the chip shop, Jay, Evie, Carlos and Mal on one end of one table and Uma, Gil and I opposite them. I looked away from Mal's infuriated green eyes that I used to love as she ranted on about Arianna. I wish she would stop, all I wanted to do was find her. We were wasting time. This Isle was a big place and she could be anywhere, with anyone, by now.
"Did anybody notice anyone come in, anyone out of place?" Evie asked, trying to be reasonable. I shook my head no.
"The only people that were out of place that I saw were you four." Uma snapped.
"Hey back off. We're on the same team now." Mal said.
"She's right, Uma." I said. Uma nodded her head.
"So what's the plan?" She asks.
"We need to first find out who took Arianna, then we attack." Mal said. "Split up. It was on the docks, right? So Evie and I will check up the front of the docks. Jay, you and Carlos check on the end." Mal says.
"And us?" Uma asks.
"Check where Harry and Jay were sparring and around the middle of the dock." Mal replied. "Let's go."

We have been searching for hours. And there was nothing. Not a piece of clothing. Or a lock of hair. Nothing.
"This is useless!" I yelled, slamming my hook on the railing. "She could be halfway across the Isle by now!"
"Just keep looking!" Mal shouted. "Something has got to be here."
"Admit it Mal, there is nothing. We are looking for something that isn't here." Uma said.
"No! I won't give up that easily." Mal said. She turns away from us and continues to look. Uma sighs and sits against a wooden pole. I lift my hook up from being buried in the wood. Then, I see something I didn't notice before. It was a playing card. With the Queen of Hearts on it. I flipped it over.
'Come find me if you want your mermaid back. C xx'
Cora.

Walking along the Isle was unsettling. I missed the smell of sea air and he wind blowing in my face and the waves crashing into the ship and the rare spray up the side. It was home. The middle of the Isle however, was disgusting. Stall holders beg for money by selling stolen goods to make a living wit little children running around them. At least at the docks the salt air cut through the stench of this wasteland, but in the middle of town, not even Evie's sweet perfume could cut though the smell.
"Are you sure it was Cora?" Mal asked for the tenth time.
"Do you know of the Queen of Hearts having any other children who's name starts with 'c'?" I ask. "I'm sure it's her."
"Okay, fine." Mal says. I could understand why Cora took Arianna. Before Mal and Uma, Cora and I were allies, even lovers. Even after she enlisted the help of Finn Facilier and Hayden Hades, it was always us against the world. But when I started hanging out with Mal, Cora took it the wrong way, and ended things. She vowed revenge against me, and after Mal broke up with me and I joined Uma's crew, I never once ran into her again. Rumours spread quickly around the Isle and words get twisted. I bet I know exactly what she heard. Harry Hook's new girl and prisoner, the mermaid from Aurodon after a failed plan to obtain the wand for the king. She couldn't wait to take that precious cargo from me. I didn't want to think about what Finn and Hayden have been ordered to do to her. I just wanted to hook Cora and the guys.
"Is this the place?" Uma asked. Evie nodded her head.
"Yep." I say. We stood in front of a large 'base'. There was a red heart on the wooden door and stairs went up to the inside. It was a maze of staircases but I knew my way. I can't remember how many times I had scaled these staircases.
"Let's go." I say and lead the way. I'm coming Arianna.

~
~
~