prologue

"Hey, Keith..." a voice from behind the door spoke. " its Lance. do you want to come out and play?"

he got no answer. plain cold silence reached his ears. curiously the six-year-old boy entered the unlocked room. "Keith...where are you. come on seriously this isn't funny."

as Lance walked forward into his room he became scared. there was more and more darkness. "BOO!!" yelled Keith as he jumped out of the closet. Lance jumped back onto the ground startled.

"oww, Keith you hurt me." said the hazel-haired boy on the floor.

" Lance are you okay? I didn't mean for you to get hurt."Keith said with an empathetic tone. he bent over and reached out his hand for Lance. " here grab my hand"  but instead Lance yanked him down to the floor with him.

"what was that for la-" Lance cut him off "I didn't want to be alone. we will always be together, right?" 

" always and forever Lance."

a month later:

"Keith its time to go home." lances mother yelled up the stairs. as the boys ran downstairs, bright smiles appeared on their faces.  " mommy can he come over tomorrow. please please please?" lance begged. "oh um no sweetie he can't." she returned.  keith asked, " why lances mommy?"

keiths mother said,"  we are leaving tomorrow baby. I'm sorry. we are leaving for a long time."

tears welled up in both of the boys' eyes. lance and Keith locked eyes and replayed those words int their heads, we are leaving for a long time. the boys ran to each other and grasped one another as hard as possible. keith turned and said " goodbye." 

 lanced didn't look up he continued to hold Keith in his arms. he whispered, " what about forever?"

a/n hey so i know this is short and really bad but if you read it thank you i will update asap although i have a problem with procrastination so sorry if i stop writing for a bit >_<