EIM PART 1- Chapter 11: From Top To Bottom

Okay, it's not like the fairy tale beauty and the beast, and a huge luxurious library has my breath taken away, but it's nice. Just plain hardwood floors, the bookshelves were five feet roughly lined up against the walls. I don't really know what I want to read. It's kind of hard when I can barely read. I was surprised a lady sat at the only desk in the room. The rest were wood furnished tables with crappy chairs.

The lady, I assume, is the librarian comes up to me and asks. "Do you need Andy help, love? Im Pauline, the librarian." I felt so shy I don't know how to react. I'm never like this. Usually, I'm more outgoing, but I feel like I must respect this lady. My wolf started pacing, agitating me for attention. So, I rushed out, "I don't know how to read, and I was wondering if you can teach me, so my mate doesn't think I'm dumb?" Xena relaxed and Mrs. Pauline looked wide-eyed, then looked at me focused, and then smiled like she won a grand prize.

"Well, dear, I don't think your soulmate would say that or think it for that matter. He is to be a great alpha when he returns, and I would be honored to help you learn to read." Around seven, me and Mrs. Pauline rap up our stuffy session. "Well, I must say with the little education you got, you are a very fast learner. I'd say by the end of the month you will be right where age is supposed to be. "

"I don't even know how to thank you, Mrs. Pauline." She cuts me off by saying. "It's fine dear and please call me just Pauline." She gave me a small smile, and she led me to the dining hall. She landed over and said, "Not to offend you, Luna, but I think after breakfast you should collect your belongings you want and prepare your heat chamber. I can barely keep my wolf from submitting you." She giggled but seamed strained. I nod again, embarrassed." Maybe I should just get it ready now and go to a chamber." looking sad, I start to turn. she grabs my arm, and to my surprise, Xena nor myself snapped or moved away from the contact. I felt soothing. Pauline justified. " no no Luna it's ok. Just stay clear from unmated males and don't be alone with a male. She looks back at my guards. I lift my eyebrow confused. She understands and continues, " It's harder for the males to hold back."

We enter the dining hall. It's beautiful. The large 24-seat table sits dead in the middle with two smaller tables to the left and right of it. people filling most of the seats. What shocks me is Pauline, the librarian, takes me to front of the table where the Luna and former Luna sit, and she sits in the seat my future mother-in-law sits in. Shocked becomes me, and before I realize it, my seat is stolen right under my nose. Xena growls loud. The dining hall goes completely quiet. "Who the hell do you think you are?" Xena overpowered me and couldn't stop what was about to happen if this disrespectful she wolf doesn't smarten up real fast. She stands up in her six inch heals, a short black minnie skirt, and slightly sees thru orange tank top. Her eyes meet mine in a challenging way. I prayed to the moon goddess she backs down. I demanded Xena to give me command back she shoves me deeper in my mind. Panic runs thru me, and all I can do is sit back and watch and hear what's going on in front of me with no control.

"Your new hear, so let me help you out. Until Alpha comes back and rejects you, I will be taking my seat as I always have." She says in a sinister way.

"Come on now, Jannette, give her a break. My son will not reject her. She is our future Luna." Pauline smiles and looks at Xena proud. Before anything else could be said, this chick Jannette chimes in and says. "Well, the laws are what they are. And please, Pauline, you and I both know how close Alpha and I have been getting. Especially after last week." She giggles to her friends, I guess. Then she smirks at me and settles down in my spot. It's supposed to be the left of the alpha because the Luna is to be closest to his heart. And his mother beside her because she holds a piece of his heart too. Ander is building, and Xena's patients are up. No one is defending Xena. She starts to feel disrespected she is to be alpha female, and they treat her with no respect because some she wolfs think she can sleep with and alpha be graced with a Luna position.