Epilogue

Epilogue

Naiyah Solaire Castellano.

My heart suddenly started beating so fast, the moment I read her name as one of our potential investors.

I didn't know if I was just hallucinating because I haven't seen her for a long time and I missed her big time, but when I closed and opened my eyes, seeing her name that was still on the paper made me believe that it was real.

"She's not in Bela Isla..." I whispered to myself while reading her name over and over again.

The corners of my lips slowly lifted when the situation finally sank in.

She wanted to invest in my company!

Does she know that I'm the president of the company? Is she living in Manila right now? Am I finally gonna see her again?

With the excitement and felicity written on my face, I raised my gaze to my secretary.

Damn, Drew! Such an assuming man you were!

"Contact Naiyah Castellano right away. Tell her to come to the office tomorrow," I told her.

"Okay, Sir," she said and smiled at me.

She was about to get Naiyah's papers when I dodged it from her hands. She looked at me in confusion, and I just smiled at her.

"I'm gonna review her papers first. You may contact her now," I reasoned out when I just wanted to read her name written on the paper again.

I was afraid that I was just hallucinating and her name might disappear that was why I wanted to keep it with me and read it from time to time.

"Tingnan mo ang gwapo niya, oh!"

"Freshman ata 'yan!"

"Pero gwapo pa rin! Sarap bumalik ng first year!"

And because of that kind of unnecessary side comments while I was walking down the hallway, my mood immediately declined. I wondered why those girls have to be so vocal about their opinion, especially when it comes to boys. I didn't understand them.

I was already approaching our room when I saw a girl blocking the door of the classroom. I sighed and stopped walking behind her, but she didn't seem to notice my presence.

"Excuse me. You're blocking the way."

I sensed that she was surprised because of my sudden approach that she almost jumped before turning around to look at me.

I was struck when her eyes met mine. The irritation that I was feeling immediately submerged, just by looking at her angelic and captivating eyes. There was something about her eyes that made me calm. 

Her expression shifted with slight embarrassment that made my brows rise while staring at her. I found her too amusing. I didn't even know why. And the moment she smiled before stepping to the side in order to make way for me, I finally lost it. Ironically, she already managed to complete my high school life when it was just only starting.

I did my best to know her. Luckily, we were groupmates because we were seated close to each other. Her name's Naiyah Castellano. I can already imagine myself calling her name to get her attention.

I never liked being reigned as the class' escort, but when she was crowned as our muse, I felt the strong urge to volunteer myself for the position of being her escort even when I was already the class' vice president. Fortunately, I was suddenly thankful to those girls who adored me for making me the class' escort.

I did my best to make her feel what I feel for her. Malakas ang loob kong iparamdam sa kanya ang nararamdaman ko, ngunit mahina ang loob kong sabihin sa kanya. They always say that action speaks louder than words, but it seemed like it didn't have an effect on her.