I can't help you unless you help yourself

Spencer stood at in the little brake room part of the hallway Addison's floor had. It had two coffee makers and some containers with hot water so people could make tea. He didn't want anything to do with the tea so he went for the coffee. He pored about eight sugar packets and it still was too bitter. Addison almost never put sugar in hers, she says that it's the bitterness that wakes her up.

He had his phone out and was about to make the call to Agent Hotchner. Addison was sleeping, it took him about five minuets to untangle himself from her without waking her up. He sat down in a chair that was pressed against the wall and pulled his phone out. Part of him wanted to go home, shower and get a change of clothes but at the same time he didn't want to leave the hospital.

"SSA Hotchner." Aaron greeted on the phone.

"Um.. It's Spencer." He said into the phone. "I'm not going to be able to come into work today." He said, glancing down the hall to make sure no one was going in or out of her room. "I've been at the emergency all night."

"Is everything all right?"

"My….girlfriend she…they admitted her around two this morning." Spencer sighed and pressed the phone tighter to his ear. Both him and Addison always kind of hesitated when referring to each other as boyfriend and girlfriend. When Spencer met Addison she had been 14 and him 17. They didn't start out dating. He had just been giving her a place to stay. He had just been introduced to a whole world that he had only thought of as fiction. Addison had been the only direct line into all that new information and had a lot of answers for him, not to mention she had been injured. Spencer took care of her and didn't report her to the police and she answered all of his questions.

"Is she going to be okay?" Before Spencer could answer he noticed a doctor walk into Addison's room and not come back out. Spencer stood up and began moving his way towards him at a normal pace.

"They're still running some tests, we're not completely sure whats going on just yet. I have to go, her doctor is back. I'll be back in tomorrow hopefully." He said though he had a feeling that that wasn't going to work either but it would if Addison had any say in it.

"Take you're time. I hope things work out well." Spencer thanked him and hung up the phone just as he reached the room and walked inside. Addison was awake and pushing herself so she was sitting up. She yawned when she saw Spencer. The doctor was taking her blood pressure again and Spencer found it a little odd. Normally a nurse would be the one doing that. About a minuet later a nurse did come in the room pushing a large machine in front of her.

"Sorry to wake you." Doctor Evens told Addison, "I was only able to book the mobile machine for the next hour." Addison grunted.

"Don't worry about it." Spencer said for her and sat down in the chair next to her bed. She looked at him with that half asleep face that she often got in the mornings. The doctor wrote down the numbers he got from the cuff on a clipboard and handed it to the nurse.

He hooked up the machine and began to get it ready. He was asking her a bunch of questions that she was taking her time to answer. They gave her some more medication and she took them with a frown on her face. Spencer wasn't sure how he felt about the news of them having a baby. It was something that he never really thought about. He was trying to imagine himself as a father and he was coming up blank.

"Okay, looks like we're ready to get started." Addison pushed down the blanket and pulled up her shirt. They let her keep her clothes without changing into one of their gowns. "This is going to be cold." Doctor Evans said as he moved around the gel on her skin. She sighed and looked to Spencer. Everyone was quiet as he began working the wand over Addison's stomach and the shape of a baby began to take form on the screen.