Not a joke

I crumpled the paper against my skin and watched the sun peak over the buildings next door to our apartment building. Gideon was sleeping out on the couch while I sat in Spencer and I's room, waiting on the lovely nurse to come in and decide whether or not I would be birthing a child later today. Spencer was still as work and from what I can tell he wont be coming home any time soon. According to the news they found yet another body, this one was found even closer to the apartment.

I thought about calling the number, hell I even dialed the number in the phone about five times. I really can't believe that Sam had gotten out and was going to school like I am, well like I was. I almost couldn't believe how close he was to me all this time, he left almost a year after I did and ended up less then ten hours away from where I was camped out.

"Addison." Gideon popped his head into the room as if to make sure I wasn't sleeping. "Your nurse is here." I nodded and got up to meet her in the living room, already knowing what was about to happen. She was reading the notes that the other women left for her.

"How ya feeling?"

"Same as I have been. I'm just a little tired all the time." She nodded with a large smile on her face. I could already tell that she was going to be one of the perky ones. Not that there was anything wrong with that but I have a hard time not offending nice people with my lack of happy social skills. I sat down on the couch as she got all her supplies out. Gideon was sitting in Spencer's reading chair.

"Has the swelling gone down any?" I propped my feet on the coffee table as an answer. She did the same thing that the nurse the night before did and had the same troubled look. She got out the blood pressure cuff and began wrapping it around my upper arm. That look still didn't remove itself from her face, giving me a very good idea what was about to come out of her mouth.

"Not looking good?"

"I think it's best we get you somewhere they can keep a better eye on you."

0000

I couldn't help but get more worked up the longer I was in the room. Gideon was coming in and out of the room on his phone. They wanted him to come in of some kind of bomber case. No one would let me watch the news so I wasn't sure. He had already promised Spencer that he wouldn't leave me alone here so he was trying to get them off his case until he could leave. His promise to Spencer was the only thing keeping Spencer from rushing right over here to sit and stress out with me. Of course he didn't foresee himself getting called in.

From what I understand my doctor was trying to get them to operate as soon as he could find a space in someone's schedule. He found someone but they said they wouldn't do it until my BP reached a certain point. Spencer continued to call every time he had a moment to see if any changes had been made, but so far everything has stayed the same. I was having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that at this time tomorrow, Spencer and I would be parents.

When I ran away from home, I didn't see myself surviving long enough to have kids. I figured that I would more then likely end up overdosing in some dark ally. Or just straight up shooting myself. When I met Spencer, I never thought that it would be anything more then just a place to chill for a few weeks, I didn't think we would ever be in a relationship or having a kid in less then five years of meeting.

I didn't think I'd ever end up loving a fed. Dad biggest house rule was to never grab the attention of a cop that you weren't trying to get information out of. I feel like living and having a baby with an FBI agent does more then just break that rule. Then again I also ran away so his rules don't seem to apply to me.