Chapter 4

Louis was a vision where he stood up on the tallest boulder Harry could find for him to claim. His Omega has never seemed prouder now that his got no tasks for the day and been stolen from Niall's cabin to accompany his Alpha to the sea. It is the only beach any wolf got to visit for thousands of miles, hundreds of packs. Many got the time carved out of their schedules to make such a trip but Harry had to make his Omega smile, with no one else around to see it.

"It's so pretty here." Louis stated about the scenery fanned out before them. He finally sat down next to Harry, fidgeting in the Alpha's shirt he'd put on after switching forms from his wolf.

Anyone could attest to Louis' observation. The seawater drifted onto a pebble shore rather than abruptly slamming into it, withdrawing after its crept deep into the ground with no intention of truly departing. A gathering of sharp, untrustworthy rocks sat lordly to their far left where the current was always abrasive, untamed and crashed into the earth in a venomous display of power. Beyond a few meters there was a treeline never in contact with the water but leaning towards it longingly nonetheless.

Harry sat beside his mate on the highest point for much distance, staring back at the woods with sick familiarity. He cannot recall a time when he wasn't at the mercy of the trees.

"It indeed is." The Alpha sucked in a sharp breath and lay back with his arms tucked beneath his head, ankles crossed. "It pales catastrophically in comparison to one other thing I've seen."

"Really? I don't think I've ever been somewhere so beautiful." Louis was none the wiser to what Harry intends to say. He lays down with his side tucked in against Harry's, mirroring the Alpha's posture.

Harry angled his head to the side, taking a deep whiff of his Omega's peachy vanilla scent. "Well I don't mean a place, not any more than I mean the owner of the sweetest scent."

Louis raises his eyebrow, sitting back upright because he's come to be so restless. He freezes up suddenly when Harry's words sink in. "Me?"

"You, little Omega." Harry propped himself up on his elbow and kissed his mate's bicep. "Only you."

Rather than letting his blush become too apparent, Louis folded his legs beneath his body and laughed – a kindred heart – when a wave slammed into their boulder, spraying them both with salt water. It renders far more happiness than irritation in Louis and the Omega's giggle doesn't die quickly. He's on his feet before Harry can stop him and stripping off the Alpha's shirt to jump into the calm waters. It's of a reasonable depth so he can swim without touching the reef, and rises to the surface feeling none of the water's chill.

"Warn me next time, Omega." Harry comes to the edge of his perch, resting his legs on the angular vertex and raising his head from his knees to watch Louis.

Louis gently kicks his feet to keep afloat, still wearing the brightest smile anyone's ever seen on him. "You don't like the water?"

"On the contrary." The corner of Harry's mouth curls in a wicked smirk. "I adore the sea for the mystery it holds, its unparalleled destructiveness."

"You're making it sound like I shouldn't be in here." Louis is pouting, looking at his surroundings with a twist of apprehension.

Harry knows this Omega inside and out, even if he never accorded that beauty any respect. He pushes off the rock's exterior and drops heavily into the water, chorused by Louis' shriek. The Alpha breaks the water's surface not two feet from Louis, indulging in the Omega's startle with a throaty laugh.

"Come here, Omega." Harry raised an arm out of the ocean in extension toward Louis. He frowned when Louis shook his head and submerged himself once more before he could be caught.