Lucy Misses Rocky

One Sunday afternoon, a dark green pick-up truck pulled up in front of the Loud house. The truck belonged to none other than the Spokes family. They were stopping by so that Rocky can talk to Lucy before they head out on their important trip.

Speaking of Rocky, he exited the truck and closed the door behind him. His father rolled down the window and called out to him.

"Try and hurry, ok? We don't want to miss our flight," Rocky's father instructed.

"Don't worry, I'll be right out," Rocky reassures him.

Rocky slowly walked up to the door and rang the doorbell. Within seconds, Lincoln answers the door. When he sees that it's Rocky, a smile appears on his face.

"Hi Rocky, how are you?" Lincoln greeted.

"I'm doing fine. Hey, is Lucy here? I have to talk to her really quick," Rocky asks politely.

"Yeah, she's upstairs in her room," Lincoln pointed upstairs.

As Rocky made his way upstairs, he started nervously biting his bottom lip and looking downwards. He had to tell her something important and he was afraid of how she's going to react.

When he approached her bedroom door, he wanted to be polite, so he lightly knocked on it. When Lucy answered, she smiled at him.

"Hi Rocky," Lucy greeted.

"Hey Lucy. May I come in?" Rocky asked.

"Of course, by all means," Lucy stepped aside and allowed Rocky to enter her bedroom.

After Rocky enters the room and shuts the door behind him, Lucy appears in front of him.

"So, what brings you here?" Lucy asks, while retaining her smile.

Her smile wasn't making it any easier for Rocky to tell her what he needed to tell her, especially since it will most likely erase that smile. To show her that things were serious, he looked at her solemnly.

"Lucy, dear, there's something I have to tell you," Rocky mutters.

Given Rocky's serious demeanor, Lucy's smile instantly fades and she listened intently to what he had to tell her.

"I...I have to leave town for two weeks," Rocky hesitantly confesses.

Lucy's eyes widen under her bangs, "Two weeks? But...why?" Lucy icily whispers.

To keep his girl at ease, Rocky placed his hand on Lucy's shoulder, "My grandmother is dying Lucy. She has very little time left, and she lives in Florida, so we're all going there," Rocky explains.

Even though it pains her to ask this, she was genuinely curious, "I don't mean to sound insensitive, but why two weeks?" Lucy wonders.

"It's Ok," Rocky says, "The reason we're going for two weeks is because we have a lot of stuff to do. First, the grown-ups have to meet with a lawyer to go over her will. Then we have to help clean out my grandma's house so it can be sold. Of course there's also the funeral. I want to go help out."

While she listens to Rocky's explanation, Lucy understood perfectly. "Yes, I understand. That kind of stuff really does come with the territory," Lucy replies.

"Oh I'm so glad you understand," Rocky sighed in relief.

After realizing that Rocky will not only be gone for two weeks, but he will also be several states away, Lucy started to realize that she will miss him.